Monday, February 8, 2010

Puppy Breath

On the "Puppies" episode of Zoboomafoo*, they explained that puppies have puppy breath from drinking milk, b/c they don't eat regular dog food, yet. Now every.single.time. my kids drink a cup of milk, they say, "I've got puppy breath! I've got puppy breath!" :-)


*One of my kids' favorite shows is Zoboomafoo on PBS Kids Sprout. (I actually had no idea they don't produce new episodes anymore!) Zoboomafoo is a lemur, which has now become their favorite animal. (Thank goodness there's a big lemur area at our zoo! :-)) We even occasionally say, "Mangatsika!" (a Malagasy (language of Madagascar) exclamation meaning "I can't belive my eyes! Amazing!") just like he does. :-P I like that it's not a whiny cartoon, and we LOVELOVELOVE nature shows. Our other current whole-family fave? Wild Recon on Animal Planet, where "Donald Schultz travels the world in search of rare species that may hold vital cures for deadly diseases." Fascinating!

2 comments:

  1. never heard of it, but it sounds divine! i can't stand children's shows where they whine and talk in baby-talk the entire time. i'm glad to know that pbs has (had) something like that on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually hate *MOST* kids' shows. :-P There are a rare few I can tolerate, and this one I do happily! :-)

    ReplyDelete