Bathing Beauty?

I did the most dreaded thing a girl can do today: bathing suit shopping. It was half-hearted for a myriad of reasons: #1 - UGH! It's *bathing suit* shopping! #2 - My cheapness didn't want to buy one, even though they are over 50% off this week at Old Navy, b/c I have one at home that actually makes me feel like a sun goddess. The problem is, it's not *here* - it's packed in a moving box in storage somewhere.

The positives: their suits were really cute and WAAAAAAY cheaper than my awesome-but-$$$ Land's End one. Plus, since our new neighborhood has a pool (that it BETTER be warm enough to use come June!!! I am NOT doing another cold summer like last year!) hopefully I'd need the use of another one.

Despite living on milkshakes and huge homecooked-by-my-mommy dinners for the last month, I still fit into the same size. (NOT that it isn't tighter, but yay that I didn't actually have to go up a whole letter. ;-)) And I LOVE the tanktini tops. LOVELOVELOVE them!



But honestly - what is up with the tiny tiny tiny bottoms these days?!?!?! I mean, they are so low-rise, high-cut, and stringy, why even wear any bottom at all? Is it a conspiracy b/t bathing suit manufacturers and estheticians: the tinier the bottoms, the more (& more often) waxing is needed? My super sensitive skin & I are so not on board. And I am not going walk around with my lady business almost exposed, either. (Does that make me sound "old"? I don't care!)

Plus, I understand there are some skinny girls out there, I but couldn't find a single style of bottom that didn't make me look HUGE, and I have a pretty good self-image. I know I'm not "fat". But holy muffin top! I've always had a tummy pooch; I had it before I had kids, and it's certainly not going anywhere now, but GEEZE! I just can't get over how awful those bottoms looked.

So, of course, I didn't buy one. And I'm not sure if I'll keep shopping around, slink back to Old Navy for one more desperate search (maybe pairing a tanktini top w/ board shorts?), or just avoid the things I'd usually wear one to down here, (we want to go to the beach for a day, our neighbor's pool opens this weekend, etc.) We'll see... but I do feel better having gotten that off my chest. ;-)

Comments

  1. swing suit shopping is the worst!!! i'm glad you found a cute top! maybe you can find some cute board shorts or something. i usually go to target for my swim-suits... the last time i bought one, i found decent size bottoms, but the again, that was SEVERAL years ago! you don't sound old, you are voicing what millions of grown women think whenever they must try on a blasted bathing suit... keep your chin up, you'll find something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I should check out Target before I pull the Old Navy trigger, but yeah - I think I'm going to get the top I posted with board shorts. I just hate to pass up getting a set for half price of what Target would be, (b/c this week is such a sale.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah - definitely take advantage of the sale if you can! best of luck finding a suit :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment