3rd Time Around

So, here we are unpacking a house in MI for the 3rd time in 10 years. It's no secret that not a single member of our household wanted this; but we're here for now, I know God will reward us for not running away & trying to do it "our way" instead, and - at least until the first cold snap ;-) - I'm going to focus on the good stuff.

#1 - JB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

#2 - It's the best possible time weather-wise to move here, at the start of summer. (The last two times we moved in Jan. & Feb. - not the best foot for a Southerner to start out on!)

#3 - I love this house! It felt so weird to be driving to move into a place I had never personally seen before, but this house did not disappoint. I love the layout - new construction & not boxy, lots of cool angles. The kitchen is our biggest ever, and even though the house is 1,000 sq ft smaller than our Naperville 80's mansion ;-) it doesn't feel much smaller. (The only thing we lack is an office, b/c we chose to make the formal living room into the kids' playroom, instead. We'll just keep most of our office stuff packed up; thank goodness I switched to digital scrapbooking, so I don't have to worry about where to put all those papers & materials!!!)

#4 - OMIGOSH! A deer just ran through our backyard! I'm sitting here typing this, and something brown caught my eye out the window. Our sub is on the furthest edge of town, but the sub itself is almost built out. Our backyard view is of 5 other houses - not woodlands, so it's just not what I expected to see just now. How happy!!! The sub does boast that it prides itself on being a nature preserve, (it has walking trails & ponds, etc.) so truth in advertising, I guess. :-P

#5 - Unlike our last few moves, our internet & TV are already set up! (Last time we had to wait over a week for TV, two for internet = I was DYING in a new place, cut off from the world!) So thankful JB has been here to get all that scheduled to beat our arrival!!!

#6 - There's a BWW in town, so our Sunday-after-church-tradition can remain intact. We go every Sunday after church - esp. during football season - b/c they broadcast all the NFL games, so I can see my Redskins w/o buying DirecTV Sunday Ticket. We go now for NASCAR, too. It's wonderful, b/c we can all eat what we want (Will can get shrimp - his fave that we don't cook at home, b/c Sis is allergic) and we all sit together for 3 or 4 hours, instead of scattering about the house, like we would at home. There are lots of action breaks for us to talk about whatever, the kids play games, JB & I also play trivia. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to say that going out to watch sports for that long makes great "family time", but for us, it truly does!

My family is stirring, so I guess it's time to get back to work. I HATE moving & having to unpack entire homes, esp. b/c no one can really help you. You have to put your stuff up, b/c only you know how you practically organize for our own daily life, what's important, & what's not. Off to drown in boxes for the foreseeable future..

Comments

  1. so, i have to ask - did you get to costco in time? and did you get what you asked for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DID get to Costco & I DID get what I asked for! :-) (But not for this evening...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you guys made the drive home safely. I know it was a long one for you. And, you have some positives about moving back to MI. Just watch out for those deer! I recently hit one in my car--thank goodness it didn't do any damage! They're cute but way over populated in GA!! Post some pixs of the new house! I hope y'all get settled in quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, Reynie! Glad you were OK! My dad used to hunt in Alabama, and he & his buddy hit one on the way home once; it tore the front of the truck up, & my dad's arm all the way up to his shoulder was black & blue for ages. Super scary! I almost hit one once on a dirt road, but it was actually here in MI - TONS of deer up here, too!

    I'm kicking myself for not taking before pics w/ all the boxes everywhere, b/c the after pics would be so much more impressive!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment