Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dream Deferred

Annelise had to miss her 2nd dance recital this May b/c of our move. I had my former studio director mail her costume here to us, though, and when it came? She was ecstatic! (Can you tell that she couldn't keep her arms still? :-))



I can tell that she still hopes she'll get to do a recital this year, even though I've explained that hers with her old tap class is done. Tonight, though, I put her in her costume to go to our cousin Victoria's recital. Victoria is 12 and does every style, so Sissy was excited. She danced in the aisle a little bit, and she got lots of attention in her costume...but she did comment several times, "I just wish I could dance FOR REAL onstage." Me, too, baby doll. Me, too...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she could. If you have any connections at an area school, you might be able to sneak in and let her have her own recital on-stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Phyllis is on to something!

    She looks just like you! OMG! Too cute in that outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! :-) We've already talked about doing that, and she's gotten to dance onstage with the girls at Tweetsie; but she just wishes she could have her whole recital with her friends. If it would have been her 1st, she wouldn't have known any different; but she remembers last year vividly, so. She'll get over it, but it's just one of those tough life things. Hopefully we'll get to move South to settle for good & these situations won't come up as often...

    ReplyDelete