Summer Devotional Thoughts

What would happen if we took the same amount of time preparing our hearts [to love others, live excellently, & do good] as we do getting dressed & ready before we go out into the world every day?

Re: Psalm 30:1-5 - Remember no matter what pit you may be in, no matter what sadness has draped itself over you, there is a God who loves you and can lift you up, dress you in dancing clothes, and remind you that you are precious.

Lord, continue to change my heart so that my life invites others to dance. With hope, I thank you.

Re: Psalm 5:1-8 - Have you ever been looking for direction, wrestling with what to do next? The psalmist too seeks discernment and calls on God to show the way. Devote yourself to the loving God that protects, loves and leads us. For God surely knows the promise of your life and wants you to share your purpose with all creation. ~Jacob Bolton

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace.
~Helen H. Lemmel

You, O God, are never surprised by the paths I take. Thank you for the grace and mercy you give when I don’t deserve it. Today may your conversation to me and through me bless and build someone up. May I worship you with a song in my head even if my lips don’t get it out. Amen.

Each and every one of us is made new by the overpowering love of Christ. The labels that get slapped on us – gone. We are reminded once again of who we are and sent out to tell others of this good news. Sometimes home is the most difficult place to talk about how we have changed. Our bad habits and ingrained patterns aren’t easy to change. But if that demon-possessed guy in Luke 8:34-39 could be changed by Christ, certainly we won’t be the exception! ~Kerri Peterson-Davis

Comments