Book Worms

Annelise & I stopped by the library today; they called to let me know the book I had placed on hold came in. (Um, already??? *shuffle feet* Guess I've got 2 weeks and 6 days left...) I'm really excited for this one, though, b/c the subject matter is sooooooo me:

Sarah's Key, a New York Times bestseller, is "a haunting, riveting novel about the 1942 roundup by French police of Parisian Jews, described by 10-year-old Sarah, juxtaposed with the story of an American journalist living in France assigned to do a story on the 60th anniversary." World War II is one of my biggest historical obsessions!!!

Annelise was a little disappointed, b/c the book she ordered from another branch hasn't arrived, yet. (She flipped out over Presenting . . . Tallulah when she saw it at her school book fair week before last!) So I told her we could look for something else for now. We found a treasure! Strega Nona was one of my most beloved books growing up, [to all of my Italy-loving friends: GET THIS!!!] and I didn't know there were any other Strega Nona books other than Brava, Strega Nona!: A Heartwarming Pop-Up Book which came out 2 years ago. (My mommy gave it to me for Christmas, and the kids fell in love!) Sissy & I both did a double-take when we saw Strega Nona's Harvest displayed on the shelf today. Hooray!!!

Comments

  1. Ah, from another bookworm....it sounds like a very good day, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, I am totally *NOT* a book worm! :-D I get stressed out by leisure reading, but every once in a while I make myself do it, b/c I know I'll love the book. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment