Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Month of Thanks

A wonderfully simple, yet powerful exercise for November: join me (& my friend, Liz!) in blogging (or sharing here in the comments) what you’re thankful for each day of the month. I did this last year, too, and it just feels so good!

Yesterday, I was particularly thankful for motivation: motivation to give our bathrooms a good bleaching (no one's sick - another reason to be thankful!!!; just needed a deep clean), motivation to make some AWESOME handmade Christmas presents (NOT trying to skip Thanksgiving; just had these materials ready to go! Sorry, I can't give details, though, until after the holidays, as certain readers will be recipients ;-)), and motivation to start reading my book - it's sooo good - instead of watching TV, (a shocker for me! :-P)

Today, I'm thankful for the right to vote and that these HORRIBLE campaign ads will FINALLY be off the air tomorrow. [I've had to turn off several in front of my kids that talk about people being murdered! I kid you not! Ominous voice: "A family of 4, murdered in their home...This judge won't let murderers off so easily." Disgusting.]

I'm thankful that JB is off work today, and I'm thankful that we got to make a big donation run to the Salvation Army. :-) At church on Sunday, our pastor challenged everyone to give away five things this week; we filled up the entire back of our van! I'm such a nostalgia queen, it's hard to let go of our "stuff" sometimes; but this always feels great. I love making these runs a couple times a year, and esp. including the kids, having them pick out their stuff to donate.

(Want to share even more thanks? Join Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome idea to list things you are thankful for each day (I'm doing this too!) I love that you are teaching your children the importance of charity and thinking of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking your idea this year and not doing it on the computer but doing it with my kids. Every morning we are going to add to our tree (that I need to make today) what we are thankful for and so by thanksgiving we should have an interesting arrangement of thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we're all doing this! :-)
    Oh, Amy - I LOOOOVE that!!! I've got to copy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They put a blank calendar in our church newsletter to do Thirty Days of Thanksgiving too. I decided to post mine each day on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel so inspired! i may be 3 days late on the thanks bandwagon, but i'll start now! thanks for the challenge! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! It helps keep the holiday in perspective... as I tend to focus on the food only sometimes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *LOVE* all this, and Reynie - I'm all about the food, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete