Sweet Silhouette SD

Oh my gosh, y'all - I am flipping out. I have been wrestling with my desire for a Cricut Expressions machine for years. I thought I was over it initially, b/c when I switched to digital scrapbooking, I figured I wouldn't really use one much then; so I tried to let it go...

Then I discovered that it can cut VINYL designs to make monograms, wall décor (huge, b/c since we move so often & rent so we're not stuck in house we can't sell, we can't paint to decorate) and gifts. I am absolutely beside myself thinking about all of the things I could decorate, and esp. all of the amazing presents I could make...

One of my BFFs, Jess, posted this pic of what she just did with hers, and it set me off all over, again.

She makes these ornaments, too:


I. AM. OBSESSED.

The big drawback to the Cricut Expressions is that you have to buy individual font cartridges for every single letter style you'd ever want to use. That's not so great.

Enter the solution: Silhouette SD "It connects to your computer just like a printer, but instead of printing designs, it cuts them with a small blade. With the machine connected to your computer, you'll get access to all of the fonts on your PC plus the thousands of cuttable designs found online."

I just entered this Silhouette SD giveaway (although I'm not holding my breath, with already way over 2,000 entries & more being accepted through Sunday at 8PM! :-P) but I'm just so excited to know this exists. It even does glass etching & heat transfers for clothing!!! Check this out! Even temporary tattoos - holy cuteness for the kids' sports teams! People, I may explode...

Comments

  1. Last night I entered to win one too! I hope either you or I get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can purchase it for 164.99 with free shipping at overstock.com!!! Just bought mine last night and SuPeR excited about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome!!! :-) Do you know if that's a special holiday deal or overstock's normal price?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment