Weepy

Yesterday at church, I sang up onstage with our Praise Team, again. (I'm on every other week until Christmas - super excited about that!) During one part, we were singing "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" ...when all of a sudden, I see Will coming down the aisle, leading all of the church's children into the service, each carrying one of their Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes!!! I totally lost it. I got weepy up there onstage in front of everyone in the middle of singing. There is NOTHING - NOTHING - that affects me like when my kids honor God. Will turned around, looked up nervously at the platform behind him where I was, and gave me a sheepish wave & smile when we connected. I wanted to swoop down there, squeeze him to bits, & tell him how proud I was of him!!! He melted me completely. What an honor as a parent! I am so thankful for moments like that...

Comments