Faux Raw Oatmeal Cookie Dough Balls

I found seven recipes this weekend I'm dying to try, but I forced myself to pick just one sweet one today. Based on how easy it was and that they'll be nice to pop a few post-Zumba, the healthy & protein-packed Raw Cookie Dough Bites won. I changed that original recipe to fit my preferences better, and they are just as amazing as initially proclaimed!


Ingredients
2/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup pistachios
5/6 cup rolled oats
1/6 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon [upping to 1 tsp next time]
1/8 tsp sea salt [*omit, if your nuts are salted!]
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Instructions
1. In a food processor, [I don't have one, so I used my VitaMix blender] process the nuts, oats, wheat germ, cinnamon, & salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.

Comments