Baseball, Ballerinas, & Buck

I'm a little stressed out, y'all. We've got a lot going on - even w/o considering the super secret thing I still can't talk about for two more weeks, the silence of which is utterly torturing me on its own!!! May schedules have become INSANE. Somehow, baseball, dance, each child's end-of-year school programs & parties, Junior League, & Zumba are all suddenly overlapping, and JB has to travel away on business for a chunk of it = argh! Example: Annelise had her Dance Picture Day on Friday ♥, but I almost missed picking Will up off the bus, b/c I had to get her dressed at the dance studio right after school; then I almost missed her pics trying to fly back there after I had Will, all before teaching Zumba. The rest of May until the 24th (when school, dance, & baseball all end) is no different. Trying to keep breathing deeply and not lose my mind... :-P

Focusing on the GOOD STUFF! :-D

Coach Jamie had the boys run together holding hands for teamwork Thursday night at baseball practice - here's to L.C. Dixie Brewer's Baseball being tighter than ever! :-)

Candid at Annelise's Dance Picture Day Friday! After TWO YEARS now of missing out on her recitals b/c of us moving, I am so excited she's finally getting to be in one, again!!! It's a *BIG* deal to her and me. :-) Her actual recital is Wednesday night, the 23rd.

Drum roll, please: I PICKED THE KENTUCKY DERBY WINNER!!!!! JB can confirm!!!!! [Seriously: why don't I *actually* bet on these?! My track record is stellar!!!] Cookies to celebrate, right? ;-)

I made AWESOME homemade chicken hot pockets for dinner:

I did get to Gelish my toes (much faster than hands: you can cure all 5 toes at the same time, unlike having to do 4 fingers, 4 fingers, 2 thumbs; and you can go back & forth b/t feet - polishing one while the other cures, so half is always under the light.) I Frenched my toes for the very first time! I wasn't sure if I'd have the dexterity to get my foot close enough & be able to freehand my white lines nicely enough, but I'm pretty pleased with my initial attempt...(and extra glad that it won't look dingy in just a few days!)

OK - so this last one isn't "good news", but Annelise's view of it is: our family's beagle patriarch, Buck, has gone to Heaven, [one of my mom & Hershel's 2 dogs.] Annelise keeps saying, "I'm a little sad for us & LaLa & Grandaddo, but now he can hear, again, and his legs all work, and he's an angel, right?" Exactly, Baby Doll. ♥
Thank you for watching over her from the start, Buckster. :') Now go frolic in a field with Jesus!
[Buck & 8-month-old Sis, December 2006]

Comments

  1. May always seems to be busy for us, too, but that means there's lots of fun things going on! ;) The dance picture is so cute and the hot pockets look amazing!!

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The homemade hot pockets were so easy & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so cute and Love your toes. Pretty feet (: I love that gel stuff but don't think I can keep up with it. I love the french manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Aren't you glad we live in the digital photography age? Pictures from when we were kids aren't anywhere near as good in quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, y'all!
    Katie - I would NEVER even bother with a French on my fingers or toes, if it weren't gel polish. My toes look perfect for two months!!!
    Heather - I think about that often: how little my youth is documented compared to theirs! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment