Liebster

Awesome Andie at Sweet. Southern. Spirited. just bestowed upon my blog the Liebster Award! I love the name: "liebe" in German = love. ♥


The Rules of the Award: The Liebster Award is given to bloggers, by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say, "You are doing a great job." It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it is also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award you post eleven random facts about yourself, and answer eleven questions from the person who nominated you. You pass the award onto eleven other blogs, (make sure you let them know they were nominated,) and ask them eleven questions. You are not allowed to nominate the blog that nominated you.


Sooooo, 11 random facts about me:

1. I am very into local restaurants, any & everywhere we go. I would balk at going to Olive Garden over a local Italian place. I hate most national chain restaurants, esp. bar food places like Applebee's. (I do have a few national exceptions, like The Melting Pot, Papa Murphy's, etc.) We like finding a place and becoming "regulars".

2. Despite my despise of national chains, I am a die-hard Starbucks devotee. I try the chai lattes at EVERY local coffee shop I can find...and NONE are as good as a tall 5-pump Sbux chai.

3. If I were on "The Next Food Network Star", my culinary point-of-view would be salty sweet. My favorite flavors on meat are teriyaki & barbeque, I love pairing fruit & cheese, I adore kettle corn, etc.

4. I make a point of watching the headlines at the top of the hour on the "Today" show and on "NBC Nightly News" every single day, if I'm near a TV. If I miss it, I feel uninformed and out of touch.

5. I was a national anthem singer for Charlotte's hockey team during their championship 1995-96 season. The game crowds I sang before were of almost 10,000 people! (Odd but true: the bigger the crowd, the less nervous I am.)

6. I have danced my whole life, but I CANNOT do gymnastics. I am even terrified of doing a cartwheel. I dream of running across a mat and flipping into a back handspring, but my brain will not let me throw my body over my head. I'm jealous of those who can, esp. when I watch the Olympics or competition cheerleading.

7. I am a museum junkie. I LOVE them, and I love when we take the kids.

8. Thunderstorms are my fave. (The more violent, the better! I don't want anyone or anything to get hurt, of course; but I love them!)

9. I have hypersensitive bitter taste buds, so I hate celery, all peppers, blue cheeses, and pale ales, b/c they are all so bitter to me, I want to gag.

10. I am addicted to the feeling of "shared experience" - anytime anything of consequence comes on TV that's a national or world event, I am completely enraptured. Military pageantry (ceremonies, airshows, etc.) also make me misty.

11. I am ENFP. What are you?


And the 11 questions Andie gave me to answer:

1. What's your favorite color? purple

2. Have you ever been to New Orleans? Yes! The first time was in 11th grade on our Honors US History class trip. We got to pick where we wanted to go...and we surely made the most of it!!! ;-) I had my bachelorette party weekend in NOLA; my bridesmaids were spread out all over the country, so if we were going to have to travel to get together, I wanted it to be to somewhere fun! JB & I also celebrated our 1st anniversary there.

3. If so, did you love it? Absolutely!!! One of my fave cities in America!

4. Favorite food? This is too hard. I love Southern barbeque, Asian dumplings & noodles, Italian pastas, pineapple pizza, Caprese salad with balsamic, stone-ground grits, unique ethnic & fusion cuisine, French fries, sweet potato fries, bean & whole grain salads, fresh bread & bagels, ALL desserts...

5. What would your last meal be? This is too hard, too! Maybe...pulled pork barbeque, corn fritters with tomato jam, and a ton of fried green tomatoes with a huge chocolate malt & salted caramel brownies for dessert.

6. Favorite book? Sarah's Key, The Help, and Rebecca Wells' books

7. Favorite movie? Another hard one for me. Gone with the Wind & Steel Magnolias are my quintessential faves. I love World War II movies, mafia movies, mockumentaries, football movies, & super Southern flicks.

8. Description of your personal style, please! Everything possible monogrammed, Lilly Pulitzer, sparkles & yellow gold, sundresses; but also comfy in classic jeans; not a big tons-of-shoes or purses girl

9. Favorite Candy Bar? Hmmmm... I'm not a big candy bar person; I'd rather have lots of bite-sized candies. But I *have* fallen in love with dark chocolate chili candy bars. Lindt makes a nice one.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? Tie b/t Elf & A Christmas Story

11. Favorite TV Show? Geeze! Also too hard!!! I love TV! Enjoying Everyday Life; reality competitions like The Amazing Race, Survivor, Master Chef, SYTYCD, Top Chef, Project Runway, etc; Downton Abby, The Newsroom, Homeland, Boss, Dexter... I have SO MANY! [And I really miss Friday Night Lights]


Finally, I pass this award on to the following fellow bloggers:
Tracey at Girls to Grow
Liz at Smithical
Nikki at Nikki's Notes
Whitney at Devotionista
Emily at everydayMOM
Emily at Hello Little Peepers
Jackie at Absolutely.Seriously.Fabulous!!
Katie at Blessed By 3 Miracles
Amy at Arrows in My Hands
Phyllis at Just Bcauz
Amy at Plasma Physics Mom

Y'all feel free to list 11 random facts about yourself and answer the following:

1. What is the best vacation you've ever taken?
2. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
3. What is something you wish you could do better?
4. What are your favorite food flavors?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. What is your favorite thing to actually cook?
7. What do you long for?
8. How do you celebrate your favorite holiday?
9. When/how/why did you know your spouse was "the one"?
10. What is your favorite beverage?
11. What is one tradition your family had when you were growing up that you'd like to continue with your family?


I can't wait to read your responses! And thank you, again, Andie!

Comments

  1. Thanks, Sues! I'll get right on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to nominate me - thanks!! I loved reading this post and learning more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! Here's my post:
    http://plasmaphysicsmom.blogspot.com/
    By the way, my fave Christmas movie is a tie between Elf and It's a Wonderful Life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to volunteer to do this too! :) I used to do memes all the time when I had a blog on LiveJournal, but I haven't done one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Sues! I'm sorry it took me forever to get over here... My life has been a little crazy this past week. I loved reading all of your questions and answers! I'm a big Chai Tea lover, as well, and I have to agree with you about Starbucks. That is definitely the best one I have tried! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of repetitive, but choosing you for the Sunshine Award was WAY too appropriate! More details here:
    http://southernwithasmalls.com/2013/07/17/sunshiny-sunshine/

    love love love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I love it!!!! Yes, ma'am - I will get on this! ;-) THANK YOU ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment