Do You Hear the People Sing?



Hail to the Redskins!
Hail, Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight! For old D.C!

Run or pass and score we want a lot more!
Beat em swamp em touchdown let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on, till you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton, RAH! RAH! RAH!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail, Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight! For old D.C!

[HAHA!!! Y'all expected a Les Misérables post with this title! :-P ("Do You Hear the People Sing?" is one of the musical's most significant songs.)]

There are not enough words for how happy the Redskins have made me this year. It's been twenty loooooong years of mediocrity, and I have cheered for them unwaveringly...even when they broke my heart and made nasty words come out of my mouth. It just feels SOOO GOOD for this super fan to FINALLY get to cheer for her team in the playoffs, again, and to know we have a respectable & reliable QB! RGIII has given us HOPE!
(Someone designed this before the season even started. Love! :-D)

The kids & I are battling a vicious illness (Will is over it now, although he had two nights of fevers; Annelise & I were coughing & nose-blowing yesterday; today she's having trouble keeping anything down & I have violent chills. Pray for quick healing & health for us!) but the Skins certainly made us feel better last night:
Sissy couldn't make it until the game started, but she was ready in her Clinton Portis jersey. Will was next door in LaLa's Riggins jersey to protect him from the neighbors' cowboy cooties. ;-)

For me, football means so much more than a game. It's our ultimate family tradition.

Comments

  1. Hope all of you are feeling better soon! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tracey!!! Annelise kept down toast & LifeWater earlier; I think she has officially turned the corner! I may have, too... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment