Obsessed: Bubble Tea & Escapada

Annelise totally caught me in the act!!! :-D
Yes, I confess: I went to bubble tea, again, today... :-P

This gotcha pic makes me giggle; but it does capture two of my current obsessions:

There's a *NEW* bubble tea spot here, and not only is it now the closest, but it is also the BEST quality!!! Kim's Teahouse & Tapioca has usurped Sbux as my ultimate liquid pleasure source. I'm still getting my favorite cream tea flavors - almond, taro, and plain milk tea - with tapioca; but I love that this place blends whole fresh fruit with ice for its slurpies & smoothies - no fake mixes, a la Island Oasis. :-P I don't feel the least bit bad about letting the kids get a blend of fresh mango, ice, & a squirt of honey as a dessert treat when we're out! We discovered Kim's was finally open last week...and I admit I've been there more days than not. ;-) It makes me sooooo happy!!!

And *I promise* I am not cheating on Lilly Pulitzer...but y'all, I have found Escapada Living. It's a boutique brand based in Charleston, SC. I am absolutely in love with their prints and styles! I have one of their dresses - the "Everyday Dress" in Pink Morocco Geo in the photo above - and I am dreaming of more pieces...
The sad thing is that they do not sell online (yet?) and the only boutiques around here that carry it are in Galveston & Lake Jackson. I will definitely be hitting up their Charleston locations, if we go back to the Carolinas sometime this summer!

Comments

  1. I was cracking up when I saw this pic, it looked like a TMZ paparazzi pic! And I promise I won't tell Lilly you're cheating on her. :)

    I have never had bubble tea before...where would you recommend to go in the Detroit area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!!!! You *totally* hit the nail on the head re: looking like a TMZ paparazzi pic! :-P

    Bubble tea in the D: unfortunately, I found the D to be a black hole of bubble tea. :'( [But honestly, Chicago & TX are the only 2 places we've lived with a plethora of bubble tea options.] There used to be a great place (Tiki Tea) in 12 Oaks that closed a few years ago; and my go-to place in Plymouth - Ginger Pan-Asian - apparently has closed now, too. People rave about Bubble Island in A2, and maybe they've really made their tea better, but I didn't care for it when we lived there. (Last time I went to Bubble Island was literally 2008, though, so they really could be better now that it's gotten more popular?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is ADORABLE, and you wear it well! I can't believe you are wearing sandals! Holy Cow, we are freezing to death up here in Chicagoland!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment