Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

We had a sweet weekend! I was a good wife & willingly agreed to go to the Houston Auto Show down in the city. ;-) :-D
Oh, adorable Jeep! One day you may be mine...

We even ran into two friends there! I've heard it said that Houston is the biggest small town in America; I absolutely believe that. ♥

After the auto show, JB took us to a gem he found: Resie's Chicken and Waffles - holy heaven! I loooove chicken and waffles, and these were divine! They always have a special waffle of the day: Saturday's was pound cake. Yep, pound cake batter poured in a waffle iron. Mmmmm... But honestly, their regular waffle (what I got) was even better! Outstanding - slightly chewy (not crumbly cakey) under a perfectly golden, firm crust. [OK, now I'm craving!!!]

When we got home, the kids & I went out back to lounge under the 77°F blue sky:
(Sorry that bottom right pic caught a cloud :-P) BACKYARD BLISS!!! I cannot believe Bonnie Blue jumped up on the hammock w/o a bribe! :-D She jumped down to watch the guys do football drills; I finished my bubble tea & perused Southern Living Ahhh...

We went to one of Will's football friends' birthday parties Sunday afternoon at a new bowling/laser tag/arcade place here. They have a high ropes course up in the ceiling above part of the arcade area:
and Annelise rocked the whole course in high heeled wedges! :-D She is our daredevil, for sure! The kids are thrilled to get to go back next week for Annelise's friend's bday.

6 comments:

  1. You are KILLING me with the 77 degree temps! BTW, I love your daughter's cowboy boots.... One advantage of Chicago weather is you get to own more boots! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her boots, too! :-P I also got a matching pair for Christmas...but I'm having a slightly painful time breaking them in. :-/ I think my feet may be too wide...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my - pound cake waffles...really?!?

    My girls did a rope course last summer and totally loved it, too!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Real pound cake waffles! It's amazing the things you can actually put in a waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of cake batter, the next time you're in Michigan, I highly recommend going to Good Girls Go to Paris creperie next to the DIA. You can have cake batter added to your sweet crepe...awesome! :)

    http://www.goodgirlsgotopariscrepes.com

    There is also What Crepe? in Birmingham and Royal Oak. No cake batter, but awesome crepes there too.

    Now I want to go eat crepes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been! :-D And even blogged it two years ago: http://castleblake.blogspot.com/2011/01/good-girls-get-crepes.html

    It was heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete