4th Grade Musical

Today was Will's 4th Grade Musical at school...and it was WONDERFUL! They did a Broadway revue: "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray, "Seventy-Six Trombones" from The Music Man [I played Amaryllis in The Music Man over 20 years ago!], "I Whistle a Happy Tune" from The King and I, "One" from A Chorus Line, "For Good" from Wicked!, "Seasons of Love" from Rent, and "We Go Together" from Grease. As they rehearsed over the last month or so, Will would come home singing these songs, ask if I knew them, and then be floored when I spewed out every lyric! :-D

I was so proud of Will: he was right on beat with every motion - no hesitating to see what the next cue was; he knew his part and put his whole heart into his performance. I got weepy the first time I saw it this morning. ♥ [Bonus: the girl behind me in this pic thought I was Will's *SISTER* = bless her!!!!!]

JB came with us for the evening show after work tonight. (You can see I got Will's hair cut after school in between performances. ;-))

Playing around with football teammate, Sam:

I'm so thankful for this school, the dedication of the music teachers, and the fact that my kids get these opportunities. ♥

Comments

  1. So sweet. I know that made your mama heart so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It is so neat that you can share his interest with him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment