Love, Sugar Pot

Lift my sweet family up in prayer: Aunt Frances (my Grandmommy's 99-year-old "baby" sister; she was the last sibling left of 9) peacefully passed away Saturday.


She was the happiest person I've EVER known!!! *Never* cross, upset, or even in a bad mood. Whom can you say that about? I can't think of another soul on earth. She loved me & the kids like we were HER grandchildren, (which we pretty much were. :-)) She was such a bright light & true kindred spirit. She's even the one whose skin breaks out in the cold, so when that first happened to Annelise, we actually had a genetically-related example. We *always* went to see her whenever we were in town, and that part feels really good: no regrets, no missed opportunities. Until the last year, we always went out to lunch together, either for pizza or R&R Barbeque. I loveloveloved that she liked to eat as much as I do!!! :-D Her short term memory was not good at the end, but she still knew - without a reminder (better than some of my friends! Ha! ;-)) - that we were now in Texas...and she was SO HAPPY for us! That meant the world... She never made me feel guilty that we weren't closer.

My mom told me the sweetest story: she & her husband were so in love that when he couldn't sleep, he'd wake her up, and they'd sing hymns together until they both fell back asleep. I mean, have you ever heard anything more beautiful in your life? ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm so thrilled that she's finally met Jesus and reunited with Uncle Max - the love of her life - her parents, & all eight of her siblings... I'm just sad that I won't hear her greet me, "Hey, Sugar Pot!!!" again in this life...

Comments

  1. Sounds like she was a wonderful lady!! Thankful that you will see her again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this, Sues. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Tracey!!! :-)
    Thank y'all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like she was a very loved special lady. praise God for your memories,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were both amazing women!!! (And I hope their gorgeous-aging genes are alive & well in me! :-D ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that I'm just now getting around to reading this. I'm sorry for your loss but glad that you know you'll see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful picture, and she sounds like such a lovely human being. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment