Off My Wall: Tumbling, Cheering, Singing
Random shareworthies for the week on my mind and off my FB wall:
* No doubt that I love living in Texas, but most of these re: my home state ring so very true!!! 38 Signs You’re From North Carolina
* This week, Annelise got moved up to Level 3 tumbling! :-O I was stunned!!! She's been in Level 2 since she began 11 months ago, (b/c she could already do a round off - the Level 2 prerequisite.) Level 3 is a back handspring...with a light spot. (I thought it had to be completely on her own, so I thought she was still way off. Nope!) Of course, we're thrilled! ...But sad to leave her Level 2 friend, Ava, behind (she's still got a ways to go) and having to get a new class time stinks. :-/ Monday afternoons were perfect! Now the only Level 3 opening is Tuesday 4-5 PM. School gets out at 3:45, so we'll go straight there, and then we have to be at football at 5:15, so then we'll rush there, too. :-P Pray that the 4 PM Level 3 on Monday or 4:30 PM on Wednesday has an opening soon, so we can switch over. :-)
* Love this from Daily Readings with Mother Teresa:
“Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. How does a lamp burn? Through the continuous input of small drops of oil. If the drops of oil run out, the light of the lamp will cease, and the bridegroom will say, 'I do not know you' (Matt. 25:12).
What are these drops of oil in our lamps? They are the small things of daily life: faithfulness, small words of kindness, a thought for others, our way of being silent, of looking, of speaking, and of acting. These are the true drops of love that keep your religious life burning like a living flame.”
* On Tuesday, I got to star in a photo shoot for a local company!!! Talk about feeling like a rockstar!!! I have another shoot with them this coming Thursday, so I'll post some of the proofs then. :-)
* Tuesday was also my first meeting as a part of our youth football league's Cheer Committee. Yes, I am already neck deep in cheer madness for the fall!!!!! The squad sizes have been slashed for this coming year, so if my returning girls don't register ASAP, they'll lose their spots to new girls who are dying to be on our squad. Apparently word has traveled fast that my squad is the BEST IN THE LEAGUE (*blush* & ;-)) and there are already four new girls trying to get on. Registration JUST began!!! Most people sign up in May or June - March is NOT usually on the radar! But in order for them to make it back with me, I've had to light a fire under my returners. I have to say, it's really stressful - I can't stand the idea of disappointing anyone who wants to be with us!!! - but it's also really exciting to be a "hot commodity"! ;-) :-D :-P
* I saw my FIRST BLUEBONNETS of the spring on Wednesday along the highway!!! My heart leapt!
* I posted this about shopping in the middle of my day after teaching an AWESOME Zumba class on Wednesday:
Things that made me happy in the last hour: super delish organic cocoa rice krispy treat samples at Costco, our fave organic linguine back in stock at Aldi, talked to the nicest 75-year-old man in the checkout about yoga (he does twice a day!), and the checkout lady said I'm her favorite customer b/c I'm always nice :-) (Made my day! But geeze, what kind of rudeness does that poor lady encounter to remember my every-other-week visits? SMILE, PEOPLE!!!!!)
* I shared this link with a big "AMEN!!! Being healthy & happy is what matters!!!" Why I Hate "Bikini Body" Pressure + How To Get Over It For Good
* Grandma & Grandpa sent Annelise the movie Frozen as soon as it was released this week. I sat there behind her, bawling my head off, listening to her sing SOOO passionately as we watched - this is the first show she's EVER been truly obsessed with, and it totally reminds me of how I'd get obsessed with Broadway soundtracks. ♥ My heart was bursting... She can't get enough. :-) I think we've watched it four times, so far.
* Wednesday night, I had Easter Choir rehearsal. I'm leading the altos! :-) This church has never had a formal choir before (I sing on the Praise Team: just 4 or 5 people, one on each part, with mics up onstage - more like a band) so it's fun to go back into choral mode, again. Praying that the choir makes a powerful impact! :-)
* Friday morning was rough: Will's forgotten homework assignment & broken backpack, running late, me stressing over the threat of disappointing people in an area beyond my control (cheer fams who won't make it on my squad), & I even forgot my water bottle for my barbell strength class... BUT we powered through, I added weight for squats and clean & press in barbell, and then I had the best soul-healing rehearsal for a singing event Saturday with a sweet BFF. I was so excited to shine with her! (More on that gig as soon as I get the video uploaded. ;-) Stay tuned!!!)