Off My Wall: Week in Review
Random shareworthies for the week on my mind and off my FB wall:
* I finished a big project last Sunday that I'd had on the back burner for 3 months...but the relief level wasn't as huge as I had anticipated. Do you ever have moments feel unexpectedly anticlimactic like that?
* Annelise had a CAVITY-FREE dental cleaning on Tuesday! :-O STUNNED! Overjoyed...but stunned!
* Guess where I got to go Wednesday? (Hint: I was just there for a radiator.) :-/ Now it's the brakes' turn. *sigh* At least it wasn't raining or as cold as Tuesday, and the shop is right across from school, so I could just walk over to volunteer for Will's Eureka science program. That WAS happy. :-)
* Since JB worked part of Thursday from home to be able to come to Annelise's musical, we also got to go out for a lunch date! We went for phở (pronounced "fuh") at the newest Vietnamese bistro here. DIVINE!
* Friday, I survived what I HOPE is my LAST dental work of 2014! It involved a laser soldering my gum tissue... Yeah, let's pray for no more of that. :-P
* Friday night = date night!!! I had a giant Mexican vanilla milkshake & big order of French fries GUILT-FREE, b/c my mouth hurt! (& I went to barbell that morning. ;-))
* Do you ever get obsessed with a song whose lyrics you DON'T like? (I usually only listen to Air1 when I'm driving, but somehow I still seem to find out what's in the regular Top 40, and being a musically-inclined chica, one listen can get it stuck in my head. :-D) I have two of those songs right now: "Say Something" by A Great Big World is utterly heart-wrenching, and I'm not thrilled by the player "Young Girls" lyrics by Bruno Mars...but I LOVELOVELOVE both tunes. The swells, the musical progression... J'adore!!!
* Saturday, we had a rare weekend football practice. Spring 7on7 League is BACK! It felt SOOO GOOD to have our family out there together, again! We even brought Bonnie Blue Beagle for the first & last ;-) time. (She just barked too much when she had to stay on the sidelines away from JB. :-D)
* Sooo happy to sing in church Sunday morning...even though it was "Spring Forward Sunday", so my already-hating-to-get-up-early-self was up a whole hour earlier. :-P This was probably the ONLY thing I wouldn't complain about that hour for. ;-)
* Do you love or hate the time change? I've always HATED springing forward; I feel weird that my kids are already going to have to start getting ready for bed while it's still light out, (although it being Spring Break this week helps - I don't mind them staying up a bit later; but current sunset time is 7:30 PM) and I did NOT enjoy it being pitch black on the drive into sing Sunday morning, (current sunrise: 7:40 AM). I have, however, found something I LIKE about it: it stays light past 6:30 PM, so football practice can easily go until 7! YAY!!!
* Annelise has decided she loves sushi! I am SO PROUD of her!!! (Now if only I loved it. :-/ I try often; it's just not my thing.) I'm now the lone hibachi-over-sushi hold-out in our house. :-P For me, the problem is more the tiny bit of rice wine vinegar in the sushi rice. I love rice, I love vinegar, I love sweet & sour rice dishes; but for some reason, the sushi rice prep makes me gag.
* HA! Yes, THIS: 17 Things You Learn From Growing Up In The South
* Also, YES, THIS: 6 Things Every Extrovert Secretly Has To Deal With (Every single one of these is ABSOLUTELY me.)