Frozen Elsa Twins & Letting It Go

Cue the applause: my control-freak-self let Annelise paint her own fingernails & make a batch of pumpkin muffins without me "helping" at. all. I didn't try to fix her nail edges; I didn't step in to even out the scoops of batter. (I occupied myself with cheer emails, so I wouldn't pay attention to the minutia of what she was doing!) :-D I know I could've *never* stood there & JUST supervised, so I refused to give myself the chance to nose in. I told her to tell me whenever she needed help...and it wasn't until it was time to load the oven. Letting go is not easy. But necessary.

Saturday, Annelise & I had GIRL DAY! (JB took Will & all the football players on a team-building camping overnight. Dedicated post after their return!) We met up with friends for a Frozen morning with Elsa & Anna:
How's THAT for Elsa twinsies?!?! The event even took their picture together for publicity!

Afterwards, we ate Zoës lunch outside by the lake with our friends. (We were CHILLY when the wind blew!!! Under 80°F + cloudy + breezy = goosebumps! Highs back over 90°F tomorrow, but we just got this creepy summer cold front.) We made a craft store run for a bit of (chevron ;-)) fabric + two intricate coloring books she'd saved for; then Sis had a play date while I had bubble tea. Afterwards, Sis & I cleaned Elsa's betta bowl and did all the laundry in the house while marathon-watching Neil deGrasse Tyson's "Cosmos" b/c Annelise loooooves the science of it! ♥ We ended the night, both in my bed, watching "Designing Women" to fall asleep - Southern girly divinity. ♥ (I hadn't actually watched a whole episode in ages, and I really had forgotten how quality all of the writing was – not just Julia's amazing speeches. :-))

Comments

  1. Very proud of you for letting Annelise try things on her own! I want to watch Cosmos…I need to add that to my Netflix to-do list when it eventually comes out. OMG…Designing Women! My parents, especially my mom, LOVED that show…I watched it all the time with them when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment