Singing + Gingerbread Houses

More Advent/Christmas festivities this week!

The kids had their school-wide sing along. They sing the best variety: "Children Go Where I Send Thee" (hysterical when they all scream "5 for the Gospel *PREACHERS*!!!!!!",) "O Hanukkah", "Silent Night", "Jingle Bells" (with almost all the same add-ons I grew up saying: "like Monopoly"), "Feliz Navidad", the Chipmunks Christmas song (with chipmunk voices...which aren't too much higher than their normal voices ;-)) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", etc. JOYFUL!!! I love that my kids attend an excellent public school where they can say "Merry Christmas", sing about baby Jesus "wrapped in swaddling clothing, lying in a manger, born, born, born in Bethlehem", learn Hanukkah songs, sing in Hebrew, Spanish, & Latin, and have fun with Santa, too. Innocence preserved, traditions cherished, and no one bent out of shape over anything. :-)

Thursday afternoon, we had our annual gingerbread house decorating day with friends:
The humidity was so high, my walls & roofs that I baked couldn't withstand the weight of the candy! :-P
Icing faces = best tradition!

Friday night, we had our church Praise Team Christmas party...but I didn't realize it was going to turn into a Christmas album recording session!!! After we ate (& ate & ate! ;-)) they had mic's and a sound mixer all set up in the living room for us to record five carols. They're hoping to edit the tracks, burn them, and hand them out to everyone on Christmas Eve! How sweet is that?!?! I was excited to sing the lead on "We Three Kings", and JB actually took a little video of us during "Angels We Have Heard on High":


I loooooove singing!!!!! Still ahead: Christmas cards (I have everything here, I just need to assemble #maybetomorrow ;-)), Santa letters, two more Christmas programs, feasting with friends... oh, and I need to WRAP at some point! ( #nottomorrow ;-))

Comments

Post a Comment