Ending Basketball + Happy Joys

Will’s (up & down) high school rec basketball team WON their 2/28 playoff game 41-27, sending them to the championship final set for last Saturday!!! I was sooo thankful I could be there for that playoff game, b/c I knew I had to miss last Saturday with Annelise in Dallas. :’( Go #14!!!

I had JB text us from the championship game while we were sitting at NCA. They were down at the half, 17-13. I was nervous, and OF COURSE, I HATED getting no game pics or video!!! (JB was keeping the stats book for the game, so he honestly could not stop that to get some snaps for me. :-P Every time he did the book this season, we won, so Will was rightfully adamant that JB be at the table!)

Finally, JB texted this:

*blink, blink*

I replied, “What does that mean??? Are we Home or Guest??? Did we win or lose?!?!?!”

You can see that I just do *not* do well missing anything with my kids!!! :-D

He replied: “Oops sorry, we won” :-P

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s my only image of Will from that day, but I’ll take it!!! :-D So thankful he got to end on a high!


Now, more (random) life stuff to be happy about!

My favorite online Advent calendar now has a version for Lent! Looove how short, to the point, & powerful these daily jolts are!!!

CPR/AED certification: the kids got certified for the first time, so they feel better prepared to start babysitting, while I re-certified (5th time!) for teaching my fitness classes. ❤️ It was actually really special to share this with them!

When a precious BFF stops in Waco on the way home from NCA & texts you from the line at Silos Baking Co. asking what you want her to bring you!!! :-O Lemon lavender cupcake + chocolate chip cookie = BLISS BEYOND!!! #kindredspirits #mostthoughtful

Bright sides:
•Will had been sick for a week & begged to stay home from school the day before his playoff game, so I made him go to the doctor, who confirmed it wasn’t strep, flu, or anything but a dumb cold & that I was completely right to make him suck it up & wait it out. #raremomvalidation #noantibioticsforcolds!!!
•PRAISE GOD, Annelise didn’t catch Will’s cold before (or after!) NCA!!!
•I did not freak out when I royally could have re: three “crises” (vaping friend, bad grades, & gym drama - DON’T ASK for any further details; they’re past & I’m proud I didn’t grant them extra worry!) It was all God...but do join me in prayer for continued protection against all of it!
•It’s FINALLY high 70’s after a brutal cold spell here, which was double long for me & Annelise, b/c it started in Dallas over NCA & followed us home! I also acknowledge how BEYOND BLESSED I am to be able to “whine” about 6 cold days instead of MONTHS! :-D #godblesstexas

Fitness:
•being called “an inspiration” by two random people in weightlifting class! :-O ❤️ (blows me away - I’m struggling EVERY class = never “easy”)
•someone seeking *my* advice on a personal health & fitness obstacle
•initial contact made re: me possibly taking steps towards getting a Yin yoga certification (still months away, but God opened a potential door to get me involved in a beta test of a new Yin cert program, which will hopefully mean *cheaper* - we’ll see; it’s still in the initial design phase)
•teaching a new PiYo round this week to packed classes = connecting with some of the most precious people in my life, sharing our positivity *&* vulnerability as we learn something new together, rebalancing my body after our crazy NCA weekend, getting an extra chance to sub, and already feeling new strength & tone in the different areas this new set of moves reaches! (I really *do* need a glute massage...)

Comments

  1. SO much goodness here!! That photo of the scoreboard made me laugh....no indication as to which team y'all were!! :) My oldest just had something similar to what Will did, I guess - flu or strep symptoms, but got tested for both and it was just a virus. And of course the "not freaking out" about the crisis situations so impressed me! I always want to have a neutral, controlled reaction to those types of things, but I'm not always successful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment