Our First Half of September

Sorry to be so MIA around here - with school back in session, there are less family adventures to document; when the kids are off school, they are more often than not with their friends (totally normal teens, but again, less to share here); and my fitness teaching schedule has expanded 300% in the last month, so I’m actually not around as much, either. :-P

Happy rewinds:

Thurs, 9/5/19 - Over an hour away + 100°F = JV Falcons football win + mama joy with an actual player photo!!! #priorities

Wed 9/11/19 - This was the view driving Annelise to school this morning:
Sooo much hope & promise for potential new, fresh starts on the horizon in several different areas... Pray for God’s best for us & that we’ll keep balanced in faith while waiting...

Thurs 9/12/19 - JV Falcons football win 35-0 all the way down in Alvin, TX! Waaay more drive time than game play time, but worth it to see Will in his element - he *finally* felt properly utilized for the first time this season. ❤️
JB had work, (& I obviously came straight from teaching) so it was just me & Will together on the drive home = invaluable hangout time. We stopped at the best old school burger & malt shop for dinner, Will played truck DJ, & I savored rocking out the whole way home with my kid...

Sat 9/14/19 - My fitness “career” (purposely in quotes, because I want to always keep viewing it as a hobby – not an obligation or a burden; but a passion!) has taken a blossoming turn. After leaving the fancy corporate gym location in the city 2.5 weeks ago (I think God knew that I would never leave there on my own, so He orchestrated it for me - it was the best way ever to get out from under that toxic director lady’s thumb!) I officially began teaching Yin yoga Saturday mornings at this corporation’s other location by our house.
It finally feels safe & peaceful to be teaching back at that close location after 6.5 years away at the one in the city! God has rescued me from a very burdensome situation, and in doing so, has redeemed a formerly very painful situation with this beautiful new opportunity! Full-circle healing!

I’m also adding classes at the other two smaller local gyms where I teach. I cannot believe that at my lowest class point December-May, I was only teaching two classes a week. Now I am teaching eight!!!!! And I’m not even working out more than I was before; I’m just getting paid for more of it now, instead of the majority of the time as a participant. Praise: I never would’ve been motivated to do my yoga teacher training, yet, or step out & add classes at these gyms now without some of the stressors this year has brought... silver lining!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful update!! Fun to see the football pics with Will :) Hope it's a great week for you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment