StudioSmile + Sweet 16

The amount of birthday cake in the Blake household over the last few weeks has been deliciously crazy!!! Flipping for *BALANCE* in life: eat the cake + do the yoga!
So yes: I mentioned last month how the sketchy gym where I was teaching in person had shut down, again; the gym where I was teaching the most classes per week pre-Covid has officially closed for good, and my third fancy corporate gym will have me furloughed until at least 2021. I’ve been praying for months about what I should do to keep up my teaching skills, improve the quality of life of as many people as I can, and be able to recoup at least a modicum of the income we’ve lost without my teaching paychecks. I taught online April-May for the sketchy gym, so I felt sure that I could do it on my own, whenever God told me the time was right. When the sketchy owner shut down the FB group last month where we had been teaching for her members online, I then knew I had the green light to start my own thing without undercutting anyone. So this is how I began with a post to my personal FB friends:

*WHO* has ever wanted to try a dynamic fitness or deep healing yoga class with me??? Maybe you aren’t Texas-local, don’t want to join a gym for just my classes, or don’t want others (or me ;-P) to watch you? PROBLEMS SOLVED: since all of my local classes have now been canceled, and I need to help provide for our family while still elevating the quality of life of my participants, I’ve started teaching PiYo & Yin Yoga live on FB!

No contracts, just Venmo class by class. Stay safe at home, and use me for accountability, encouragement, & a few good laughs!!!

Join my group, StudioSmile, for all the specifics & to see class notifications. Classes are live Monday evenings & Friday mornings (with 24 hours of replays, if the live times don’t suit.) JUDGEMENT-FREE! You can’t mess up or do anything wrong with us. ALL levels & all questions welcome!


It started well! 12 people committed for a full month, and then there have been 1-3 additional individual participants each class. Want to join me??? DO IT!!! Everything you need to know is at StudioSmile. Feel free to like the group, even if you aren’t ready to participate now - it serves as our virtual lobby & info board. When people Venmo their class requests, I send them links to join the individual private virtual studios where I broadcast the actual classes live. 

What else has been going on here?

I donated more A+

I had never donated blood before May, but I vow to be a regular now every two months. Why not?

Pro sports are back, and this ultimate fan girl is ALL IN: Astros, Rockets, Blackhawks & Capitals, and eventually Washington & the Texans. Yes, I am queen of the Redskins super fans. No, I am not upset about changing the name. Same location, same colors, same team.

We now have a 16 year old son...

I’m so thankful that he trusts me enough to openly ask big life questions, that he happily takes time off Xbox & the basketball court to share silly shows like Survivor & Big Brother with me, and that he is thriving even in the midst of corona. He paused drivers ed for now - nowhere to go, not a priority - and he chose (we 100% agree) to start 11th grade online in 2 weeks, at least for the first grading period. Praying he continues to take this funky year in stride! Happiest 16th, Will!

Comments

  1. Happy, happy birthday to Will!!! Such a handsome guy! :) Glad you were able to get your own classes going online and hope it does very well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Will! And that's great that you can teach classes online!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment