Jehovah Jireh: GEORGIA!

Y'all!!! We're MOVING HOME to the South!!! Five years (almost to the day - we found out we had to leave GA for MI January 20, 2006) of fervent prayer have been answered! I am so thankful - not only that we get to go, but that we made it and grew through the lessons God had for us during this last season of our lives up here. The most important thing that I've learned has been:

God is more interested in changing me than my circumstances.

And *not* that I don't still work on that every.single.day, but wow - to think of how far I've come...

I am thrilled to get back to my home culture, to get AWAY FROM NORTHERN WINTERS & copious amounts of snow, (talk about being delivered after our scary December!) I am so excited to have a regular contemporary Christian music radio station, Chick-fil-A, & Publix, again. I am over the moon that Will's spring baseball season will start end of Feb/first of March, b/c yes, it actually IS warm enough then to play outside! I can't wait to get my next issue of Southern Living...and not want to burst into tears reading the Southern travel & style sections.

I am especially grateful for the way God made these 8 months here after our last move so unexpectedly rich. I feel like I got a "MI do-over" and made the best of it! This neighborhood, our church, the close support of my in-laws, Will's 1st elementary school, Annelise's dance/gym - all huge blessings! I'm happy that my original MOPS group was here to reembrace me and that I got to join the Praise Team at our church here this time, which filled me up like nothing else. I love that we've been close enough with one of my all-time BFFs to get together weekly with our daughters. Who - of the people who move around so crazily like we have - actually gets to live in the same town as one of her bridesmaids? It will be very sad to leave our dreamy Wednesday lunch dates after the girls' dance/gym class...but on the happy side? I've moved away from this dear BFF 3 times now, and I know that she'll always be in my life. :-)

JB is so extremely excited - he *deserves* this job change & promotion. His last company never, ever realized what he was truly worth; we feel like the shackles have been broken!

This initial move to south Georgia will probably be a short-term assignment (~18 months?) and after that, there's a possibility of moving to this new company's HQ just outside ATL. All of their operations are in the southeast, though, so I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief, no matter where they want us! :-D

So follow closely (sub to my blog, if you want! :-)) over the next month as we prepare to and actually move to the deeeeeeep South, y'all!

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Happy are those who make the Lord their trust, who do not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods. You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you. Were I to proclaim and tell of them, they would be more than can be counted....I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; see, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O Lord. I have not hidden your saving help within my heart, I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation. Do not, O Lord, withhold your mercy from me; let your steadfast love and your faithfulness keep me safe forever.
~Psalm 40:1-5,9-11

(PS - This is my 300th blog post! How cool is it that it's such a big deal?!)

Comments

  1. SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!! We are both going back to a place we love...beyond excited for you....cause i truly relate to you and your dislike for winters and your love for the South!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly have time to read blogs anymore but when I saw this on Facebook I knew I had to hop over and read about it. I am beyound excited for you!! Albany is a great place, too. I have some family there and they love it. Get ready for the summers 'cause girl, you have surely forgot what hot is until August in Albany!! But, you're only a few hours from the beach!!

    Can I guess that JB is going to work for Kia? It's HQ is south of ATL (I'm guessing car industry bc that is what Detroit was made from). If that is it, I hear it is a wonderful company and the area that the HQ is located is great as well. I'm about 45 min north of there. Maybe one day we'll get a chance to meet in person! If it is not Kia, I'm sure he will love whatever it is he's doing!

    Prayers have been answered! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all SOOO MUCH!!!

    Reynie - that's the BEST PART: *no* automotive industry!!! No chance of being sent back up north!!!!! The new company's HQ is in Peachtree City, though, so maybe if we get moved there next we can get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness--PTC!! I think I know what company it is but won't post about it on your blog. PTC is awesome--5 minutes away from me! I'm in Turin/Sharpsburg/Senoia area which is Coweta county. Coweta borders Fayette County in which PTC is located. We'll be neighbors! PTC has wonderful public schools and great options for dining, shopping, etc! You'll love it! I'm so excited for you! Albany is great but you'll really love PTC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for coming back to the SOUTH! You are pretty close to me, I will have to take a trip perhaps! ;o) Must find Bubble Tea as well..You are the one who intrigued me to try it and I did! And I found a place here close by that has some really good Bubble Tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! Now I am soooo craving bubble tea!!! :-D I already found a coffee/tea shop down there that does milk teas; now I just have to talk the owner into carrying the bubbles!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment