Friday, June 20, 2014

The Beanstalk Journey Zipline

We had the most wondermous two days this week up in the NC mountains, and I have boatloads of pics to share!!! We began our adventures at The Beanstalk Journey Zipline in Morganton, NC. It...was...exhilarating!!! And yes, terrifying...but so very worth it! The zipping was amazing - it felt like flying, completely safe & secure. (Disney fans, think Soarin') The scariest parts to me were when I had to move my feet. My legs felt paralyzed like frozen jello when I had to physically take steps toward the edge - 50 feet up in the air - to get clipped in to zip: not my fave part. ;-) But I never let my fear completely overtake me, and I came out with a super empowering, joyful experience! Will & I leaned on each other at first - we have the same fear severe unease of ledges, moreso than necessarily of heights; but we were *BOTH* rocking & rolling by the end!!!


Stay tuned for Grandfather Mountain and Tweetsie Railroad...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That does look terrifying...and yet fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're braver than I am!! :) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly was proud of myself! :-D The scariest part was starting out; after the first zip, I was pretty good, and by the end, I didn't want it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! I did a ropes course at church camp in middle school, and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete