The Beanstalk Journey Zipline

We had the most wondermous two days this week up in the NC mountains, and I have boatloads of pics to share!!! We began our adventures at The Beanstalk Journey Zipline in Morganton, NC. It...was...exhilarating!!! And yes, terrifying...but so very worth it! The zipping was amazing - it felt like flying, completely safe & secure. (Disney fans, think Soarin') The scariest parts to me were when I had to move my feet. My legs felt paralyzed like frozen jello when I had to physically take steps toward the edge - 50 feet up in the air - to get clipped in to zip: not my fave part. ;-) But I never let my fear completely overtake me, and I came out with a super empowering, joyful experience! Will & I leaned on each other at first - we have the same fear severe unease of ledges, moreso than necessarily of heights; but we were *BOTH* rocking & rolling by the end!!!


Stay tuned for Grandfather Mountain and Tweetsie Railroad...

Comments

  1. Oh, my! That does look terrifying...and yet fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're braver than I am!! :) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly was proud of myself! :-D The scariest part was starting out; after the first zip, I was pretty good, and by the end, I didn't want it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! I did a ropes course at church camp in middle school, and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment