Fave Things: Banana Chips

Every once in a while, I feel the need to tell the world about random stuff I'm currently obsessing over. :-P I'm not in cahoots with any of these companies, just in love with the items. :-)

Five years ago when I started this blog, one of my earliest posts was going gaga over my then-favorite snack, Trader Joe's Honey Plantain Strips. Pure heaven!!! When Trader Joe's discontinued them [as TJ's often does - I try not to cry too hard; my latest beloved victim? Thai confetti rice :-(] I tried to let them go...

...But their delectable memory lingered. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still look for them every time, just in case.

Fast forward four more years to this weekend at bubble tea: instead of tea, Annelise asked to get banana chips. Huh??? There are boxes of Isabel's Kitchen banana chips in almost every single Asian bubble tea place, and we've never considered getting them before.

I had NO IDEA they taste EXACTLY THE SAME as my old, treasured TJ's Honey Plantain Strips!!!

Addiction reignited...

Comments

  1. Never had banana chips, but they look and sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much better than the dried banana chips in the nuts & dried fruits section of the grocery store. Those are...chalky? I hate to say it, but frying them instead of dehydrating them makes ALL the delicious difference! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. does anyone know where I can buy Isabel's kitchen banana chips, either in person or on line? they are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment