Wrestling Season Start

Annelise’s wrestling has been the biggest surprise blessing of 2021! An answer to prayer in so many ways - a new team to cheer, new physical strength & endorphins, personal accountability, drama-free friends, a reset on mind & body. I could not be prouder of her fearless fierceness! She has won two matches by pin so far this season, which is amazing, having absolutely zero wrestling or even martial arts experience coming into this. After her first win, her coach made an extra spot for her in the next tournament, which was really only supposed to be for varsity wrestlers; and the week after that, she also earned a spot to wrestle in our school’s one travel tournament north of Dallas, which JB & I also traveled up for. The coaching is fantastic, the other parents are inclusive & supportive, and I can’t wait to see how Annelise continues to grow! There are at least two meets a week left throughout January before district, regional, & state competition in February.

You all know that pictures are my love language, and we are so lucky to have several wrestling parents with fancy cameras & telephoto lenses who have uploaded pictures from this month’s meets. I could not be more thankful for these images:

I lovelovelove the team rallying around her before her match:

Representing my beloved Washington Football Team in enemy territory!!!
Let me explain: my & JB’s hotel in Dallas for Annelise’s wrestling tournament was less than a mile from The Star. As much as I *hatehatehate* the cowboys with every ounce of my being, I *do* love “Making the Team”; so when our pizza place for dinner was right beside the DCC outdoor practice field, I had to get a pic! Lucky they’d set up for some sort of Christmas event, because I probably would have had to try a jump split :-D #httwft #httr #hailyeah #burgundyandgold




Comments

  1. Love all the wrestling pics!!! Thrilled to hear that Annelise is thriving and enjoying this new sport.

    So funny that I didn't know you hated the Cowboys!! I missed that somehow. I was born in Temple, TX and have been a lifelong Cowboys fans (except for the years when I didn't care for their coach or quarterback ha!) I lived in TX for less than a year, and grew up outside of Richmond, VA where most people are Washington fans, so I was in enemy territory most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment