No More Suffering in Silence

Y'all, there are not words for what the last few weeks of not being able to talk about this have been like!!! Constant churning 24/7. I am a nester who likes to travel, but NOT to move; so every time we uproot & start over, it's stressful. JB has it a bit easier transition-wise: his "new" life is pretty much all lined up for him upon arrival - his work schedule, his commute, his new circle of acquaintances - not that he has instant BFFs (he'll probably have a few irritating jerks in there :-P) but he *does* instantly have colleagues, peers, & most of his daily life set up.
The kids & I start 100% from scratch: new school registrations, finding new *trustworthy & quality* doctors, dentists, grocery stores, sports leagues, dance schools, gyms, & the biggie: a new church. That all falls on *me*.

And it's ok - I've gotten pretty quick & like to hit the ground running now after 7 other moves...but while sometimes it feels like a fun adventure when we move to a new place like this that has so many options, it's still a HUGE weight on my mama heart until I get all that sorted out.

I've googled about everything possible to prep, and honestly, I'm overwhelmed by a lot of the sports options: there are EIGHT baseball leagues in the one suburb we're focusing on - I know it sounds slightly trivial, but picking the "right" one is truly important, not only for the quality of instruction, but b/c these sports leagues are where our initial friendships are so often formed. It DOES matter.

I usually whip right into action & find out all I can from everyone we know when we get the official word; but this time, b/c it's a change to a new company & not just a transfer, I couldn't blog or talk about it online until now. SO FINALLY: PLEASE TELL ME EVERYTHING Y'ALL KNOW ABOUT HOUSTON!!!

See also: how this happened, my pros & cons list, how bittersweet, & house hunting...

Comments

  1. What do you want to know about Houston? Also, there is spanish moss there, you know. It is probably not as prevalent, but there is some here & there. And if you really want your fill of it, come visit me, I have it all over my backyard! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is Spanish moss there? Our yard & neighborhood here are completely covered, and it's seriously one of my most favorite things about life here!!! I'm pretty obsessed... ;-)
    I want to know about every local event & attraction in the Houston area - I don't want to miss any of the fun action! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment