Who am I, and why am I here?

Who am I?
I am an open book, a serial oversharer, a loud talker, and ready to spill my life story at the drop of a hat. Eating out is my biggest vice and punctuality one of my biggest virtues. I am addicted to TV, Facebook, and sugar. I am obsessive about taking pictures, maintaining our family website and digital scrapbooking. I am a Carolina native, I live for the beach and daily dream of Charleston, SC. I love to sing & dance; I'm on our church Praise Team, and I have started teaching dance, again, on Monday mornings, (while my kids are at preschool.) I am a super fan of the Washington Redskins and Joyce Meyer. Bubble tea is my favorite beverage. I lived in Würzburg, Germany for a year, and I adore European travel! I graduated from Davidson College in NC with a BA in German & International Studies with the intent of pursuing international law...until I interned at a law firm and realized that God meant for me to be a stay-at-home mom! I believe being a mother is the greatest and hardest job on earth, and I am passionate about helping other young mothers feel connected, which is why I am the coordinator of my MOPS group. We've had 5 moves in last 9 years with JB's job. I am *not* OK with winter in any form, but I'm still loving life in a posh Chicago suburb for now, until one day when we can move home to the South forever!!!

Why am I starting this?
I have always been a journaler. I got my first diary in elementary school and haven't stopped since, (except for several blurry years in college. ;-)) Writing always helps me to work things out; venting in type helps me to realize things really aren't that bad. I am also a Nostalgia Queen, and being a mother of two, I want to remember *everything*. I have kept a journal on a private site for over seven years, but for whatever reason, I felt as if I was being weaned away this year into a new season. I enjoyed the freedom of not feeling self-pressured to post...but I do miss going a little more in depth than just my FB status updates sometimes. The #1 reason is that I also want a place, again, where I can save all my thoughts and stories. I saved all of my old private journals, but there's no concise way to save all of your FB statuses, you know?

I make no promises or even guesses as to how frequently or coherently I'll update, but I'm excited to see if this fills the journaling void I've been feeling lately. Welcome!!!

What does CastleBlake mean?
JB & I named our wedding website CastleBlake almost 8 years ago, alluding to us going to be the Blakes and this being our "castle" - our domain. We've used CastleBlake ever since to allude to our family. :-)

Who else makes up the CastleBlake clan?
JB - husband, daddy, corporate revolutionary
Will - 5, Kindergartener, plays tough, super sensitive heart
Annelise - (aka "Sissy" & every derivation of "Princess Pumpkin Peach") 3, Montessori preschooler, dancer & cheerleader-in-training
Bonnie Blue - 7, beagle, sleeps all day & in our bed at night


Comments

  1. susie!!!!!!
    1) awesome site...i love the background where your name is on at the top of your blog
    2) i feel like I know you so well now after reading your blog
    3) i can't wait to read more in the days to come
    4) Me being from chicago am still not okay with chicago winters, and even more so now that i have a one and half year old to entertain

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! can't wait to follow your mega updates via your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...it's been so long, yet I still feel like I know you. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited y'all are here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, loved reading all this, especially the thing about your kids and you singing and dancing in the car. I do it now with Brooklynn, can't even imagine how much more fun we will have when she can know the words and can converse with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment