Amazing Wonders Aviation

The kids are doing VBS this week. (YAY for 9-noon morning sessions!) I'm sooo thankful we found one that fit our schedule this year!!! (Two years ago rocked their worlds so much, they *still* talk about it; last year, we couldn't do one = crushing.)

The theme is Amazing Wonders Aviation: "kids encounter God against the backdrop of some of the world's most marvelous natural wonders. As kids explore Psalm 147:5 ("Our Lord is great, vast in power; His understanding is infinite,") they’ll recognize God’s power over all things, trust that God is always in control, accept God’s gift of forgiveness, celebrate that Jesus is alive, and rely on God’s power." I really like this curriculum, and the kids are *excited* about it every single day!

My heart is absolutely filled to the brink when I watch them dance and sing along to the songs with such gusto & sheer joy! Esp. Will - he is so into it and emphatic with his arm motions, it almost looks like me teaching Zumba!!! There's nothing that triggers my happy-mama tears like seeing that...

Speaking of tears, I got unexpectedly emotional when I dropped them off Monday. (I *NEVER* cry on their 1st days of school, etc.) VBS just means so much to me; I wish I could've stayed there & helped out as a teacher! (It's not at the church we've been attending, so I didn't get in on the volunteer opportunity; we just found out about it on our neighborhood website = yay!) They were singing a song we sang at Trinity VBS, which made me miss Dr. Moore. :'( Then they sang one I grew up with ("Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Praise ye the Lord!") and my heart completely welled up. On another note, I am SO THANKFUL my kids will walk into a group where they know absolutely NO ONE and let me just leave. Yay, social confidence!!!

Comments