Good Effort, Meh Results

The last two weeks of cheer & football have had good effort, if unremarkable results.

Re: football - two tough games against non-district opponents, both against high schools with only one freshman team instead of two like we have. But positives: Will was a captain last week and continues to have great snaps at Center. He's #71:


Re: cheer - I never realized what it was like to *just* be a parent with a cheerleader without being connected in any way to the football game until now. Even that last year after Will had graduated from our Falcons youth rec league team when my Dream Team cheered for a different team each week, we were still connected to the game, (b/c I am psycho about appropriate offense/defense cheers, so we had to pay attention. Plus, my girls truly believed that their cheers made the boys do better, so they really cared!) I'm no longer calling the shots; I'm literally just sitting there watching my daughter, so to be honest, I haven't really paid much attention to those football games. :-O I never understood how my youth cheer parents could *not* care about the action in the games we were cheering...until now. Also in my defense, I've only been able to be at the first halves of these two games, b/c I've had to leave to teach my PiYo class here in town (at 6 PM when the games began at 5:15.) So results haven't mattered, just the girls' great effort: two weeks ago in more rain, this week in scorching heat! :-D

Comments

Post a Comment