Last Month Rewind

The shortest month of the year literally felt like the longest... We enjoyed some incredible highlights, though!

Random thankfuls to start:
•the grace of BFFs bearing my burdens with their listening ears & precious support
•H-E-B (best grocery store in America!) having cornbread chicken bites on sample! (I saw them in the Primo Picks flyer, & I would *never* buy them for myself, b/c I’d eat them ALLLLL...but I was dying to taste, and this totally blessed me!)
•the new core circuit class I’m teaching before PiYo on Fridays - that everyone loves it & that it has expanded my teaching horizons even further #alwaysgrowing
•the face cream my mom bought me at Ulta when she was here; I’m not big into beauty products, but this has been exactly what my skin needed
•temps in the 70’s & now up above 80 = perfect spring
•the amazing scent of the blooming flowers in front of church as I walked in & out from singing - still thinking of it ❤️
•Annelise perfecting homemade Sbux frappuccinos (& I’m not even a coffee fan!)
•Sweet Thai & Sweet Kale chopped salads from H-E-B = my lunch literally every day with added Costco rotisserie chicken

The month’s highlights:

Our family’s favorite volunteering event every year: Feed the Hunger Pack-a-thon! (Always made better by doing it with one of Will‘s best friends’ families alongside us!) There were five shifts this session, and in our shift we had: 520 people fill 539 boxes = over 129,360 meals that will be distributed not only in foreign countries like Haiti, but also where needed here in America, like Appalachia:

As you can see in those pics, we went straight from one of Will‘s basketball games to our volunteer shift that night. Will‘s high school rec basketball team brought us so much entertaining excitement over its short season! His Bears finished their regular season undefeated & ALL in dramatic blowouts. They easily won their playoff tournament championship the last week of February, as well. They scored 476 points in this 7-game season & only allowed 226 for a 250 point differential. They actually made basketball *fun* for me to watch!!!

When one of your BFFs realizes her long-held dream of starting a dance team at her high school + hires you (paid gig!) to help judge tryouts! ❤️ Sooo honored to fall back into dance teacher mode & be there for her Emerald Brigade to become reality!

Annelise’s competition cheer team is still undefeated, winning their division, again, at another championship:
Too bad their newest national champion jackets are the exact same design as the San Antonio comp! :-P (#winningproblems #butseriouslystillgrateful) I loved that they actually took good action photos of her this time! ❤️ These are the first decent ones I’ve gotten of her in action this entire season:
(I can't believe the photog snapped that last one!
It's a close-up of Annelise's face in their final pose below!)

Next comp: mid-March + two more in April.

Final cheer note: she did not make her freshman high school cheer squad last week. Everyone is completely stunned & confused. She felt great about her tryout, she didn’t mess up, and she even threw her tuck in her running tumbling pass, which she hadn’t planned on doing, as she was initially unsure about tumbling on the basketball court without a mat; she said she felt so strong & confident in the moment that she knew she could land it and did beautifully. This week is Spring Break, so there’s no ability to request the score sheets to see what the judges found fault with until after break. Pray for discernment, whether we should even bother, or if this is God protecting us from something & we should just let it go without knowing. It has been a real shock & devastation... Pray also for heart healing, provision for options for her now-uncertain cheer future, and for her confidence to not be diminished - that instead she would have her fire stoked to rise to a whole new level.

Comments

  1. I so enjoy watching basketball on the high school and college level, so I love those videos of Will's games!!! Love all of your random thankfuls, too! Definitely prayers for the cheer disappointment...I can see why it would make no sense for Annelise not to make the squad. She is SO talented!!!! Prayers for wisdom and direction for the future in cheer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment