Off My Wall: Mid-May Musings
Random shareworthies for the week on my mind and off my FB wall:
* We don't see many commercials (DVR) ...but my kids CANNOT get enough of this one lately! They repeat the dialogue over & over & over... (I'm so thankful I think it's an awesome commercial!!! :-D) "That's not mine..."
* My mama heart was bursting on Tuesday!!! I went to Will's Special Buddies year-end celebration; a teacher pulled me aside & said, "I have to tell you, your son is an absolute ray of sunshine for me!" She went on & on...and I couldn't be prouder!!! ♥ Will & his special buddy:
* So sad this week was the season finale of Call the Midwife! One of *THE* BEST shows. EVER. How can I wait until next spring??? "For what is joy, if it goes unrecorded, and what is love, if it is not shared?"
* I keep seeing this on FB...and it must be a sign that we need to try: waffle cones with marshmallows, chocolate chips, bananas, and strawberries. Wrap in foil and throw on the grill or fire.
* I love blessing people with a fantastic parking spot as I leave! (I got the best space of the YEAR for Zumba Wednesday morning!) Even more awesomeness: no traffic on notoriously-heavy-Wed and then ALL GREEN lights down the busy road to the grocery store! Getting all green lights makes me ridiculously happy. :-)
* Major reinforcement of the lesson NOT to accuse people of screwing up until you have gotten the whole story directly from them: I wanted to explode on gym management re: T/Th Yin yoga being canceled...but I *knew* I should WAIT before going into attack mode until I had personally talked to the yoga coordinator - a nice acquaintance. Turns out, T is staying put, & moving Th will be less of a big deal than the other instructor suggested. Sooo glad I didn't let myself look like a fool by going off to everyone else in charge FIRST before getting the facts straight from the source!
* Prayers answered re: my VP of Cheer issue - we had a committee meeting this week, and we completely cleared the air. She still has...many other issues...but not with me personally, so WHEW! (My people-pleaser-self couldn't take it. :-/) Let's keep praying for her, for more positivity like I saw a tiny glimmer of this week.
* I bit the bullet & ordered new Zumba shoes for the first time in two years. I know serious runners get new shoes every six months or so, but I truly only use these for a couple hours a week (I only teach in them) and I've had special insoles, which I've replaced, in them; so it just seemed silly to buy new when these aren't falling apart at all. Buuut, my feet *have* started aching a bit, and there's a big sale right now, so instead of buying a 3rd pair of new insoles, I went with shoes. I'm nervous about the size & fit, since they aren't available in any stores to try on, but shipping & returns are free, so... We'll see!
* Civic duty! The kids were allowed to come to the voting booth with me & have "I voted!" stickers. :-) I have taken them with me to vote since they were infants. I want them to know how important this right is and to never take it for granted...even if it's "just" a dinky midterm primary. ;-)