Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cheer Camp 2015

Cheer is back in FULL SWING! (Obviously, since I'm MIA online. :-D) Practice began two weeks ago:

I ran Cheer Camp with my Cheer Committee on Saturday, August 8th for all 300+ of our registered cheerleaders!!! We taught them cheer basics (voice projection, warm-ups, arms, jumps, a low stunt), our 2015 Hello Cheer, and our Opening Ceremonies Dance over two separate age group sessions, from 8 AM - 5 PM.

This little Seahawks girl made my day!!! Her mom came up and said, "My daughter is absolutely starstruck!" [Huh? Over whom?] "She could barely concentrate! When she saw you onstage, she flipped out, ran over to me, and said, 'THAT'S THE LADY ON TV!!!!!!' b/c we watch your YouTube cheer channel on our big TV all the time for her to practice." Y'all - I have a groupie!!! :-D She & her BFF asked if they could please take a pic with me. I mean, my heart could barely take it:

My fave pic of my squad:

Silly Falcons:

Sweet Falcons:

Our Cheer Camp school supply drive in conjunction with Operation Backpack was SUCH a success! When my friend, Wendy, went to deliver the haul, she overflowed their holding area!!! These are just a few of the 300+ girls at the end of the day:

My Cheer Committee BFFs & I were WORN OUT...but oh, so pleased!

And then JB & I threw Will's 11th bday party the very next day...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like cheer camp was lots of fun!! So glad you're willing to use your talents in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head!!! I am SO THANKFUL God is letting me use my talents like this!!! It is SO incredibly fulfilling!!! Even the exhausting, overworked days. Even the days I'm drowning in complaining coaches & parents. I feel like God is equipping me to do this RIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete