Zoo Family

We went to the zoo here yesterday. It's perhaps my favorite place in this whole area. We are a big zoo family - anywhere there's a gathering of animals, we are there! My BFF here had just renewed her family zoo membership before she & her children had to suddenly move back to England last month, so she actually had them transfer her membership to our family. WHAT A BLESSING!!! Beyond words...

Before we went in, I reminded the kids that this zoo has no lemurs, (b/c they were our most beloved at Brookfield.) But guess what they've got now? Black-and-white ruffed lemurs! (Not ring-tailed, but lemurs nonetheless!) They also have a new meerkat habitat where you can really see them closely & clearly. We knew we loved the polar bears, giraffes, kangaroos, & prairie dogs. We also spent a lot of time in the reptile museum examining every.single.snake. I was pleasantly surprised at how much the kids have learned this year with their herpetology obsession. We all flipped out that they had TWO Gaboon vipers. :-P Their king cobra was completely stretched out and *shockingly* huge. We also "made friends" (you'll see whenever I get through those pics!) with a rare Aruba Island rattlesnake.

Comments

  1. Hi Susie! I just came over from Southern Mommas and wanted to say hello. We also love our zoo and have so much fun seeing all the unique animals. Glad your kids enjoyed the lemurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're here! I *LOVE* your blog! :-)

    Do y'all go to the zoo in Asheboro? I'm from Concord, NC & we used to go almost every year growing up! When the kids & I were living at home mid-April through May while we were waiting to get a house through my husband's latest job transfer, we saw a story about Asheboro getting a big new lemur exhibit & now we're dying to go sometime when we get to come back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment