January Recap

It. Has. Been. A. Month.

I want to keep my perspective as positive as possible, so I’ll focus on the thankfuls, and then I’ll share 2 more posts with more of the good stuff. There’s always more good stuff...

Thankful for:
•my incredible husband leading the repairs (I *did* research & make 2 Home Depot trips) after our old kitchen sink faucet disintegrated from hard water & sprayed all over the kitchen one Sunday night, esp. when it took 3 nights in a row after him working all day until it was finally fixed #myhero
•all 10 of my amazing classes I teach each week - I could go on & on about each, but Pump is so packed, we run out of equipment (& I’ve had the owner buy us more weights 3 times already! The growth is powerful!) And the gusto with which my PiYo members have jumped into our newest set of moves has refreshed my heart!
•subbing an evening Yin Yoga at my fancy corporate gym for a whole new group of members I don’t usually get to connect with & having them gush over my class #confirmation
•2 really fulfilling Praise Team rehearsals & still getting to share it with my vocal BFF (even though we’re not singing together this month - we’re at opposite campuses - we still got to share Wed rehearsals)
•getting 2 of my most fave rare treats at H-Mart Asian grocery: crazy-elusive, always-sold-out brown sugar boba ice cream bars (like bubble tea popsicles! the boba is actually mochi, b/c boba gets gross stored cold) & sindangdong tteokbokki snack sticks (like spicy sweet Korean rice Bugles) that I originally discovered last year in one of those Universal Yums international snack boxes!
•a couple long neighborhood walk & catch-up talks with one of my most precious BFFs - I would rather walk & talk to catch up with friends than go eat, have drinks, or anything!!! So positive & productive + the weather was gorgeous & Bailey beagle came with!
•more warm 70’s in January than not
•watching Netflix with my kids (yes, “Cheer” with Annelise!) I miss them with winter break over, so I’m thankful they’ve wanted to watch a couple things with me, instead of just hiding upstairs after school.
•both Zipfizz & caramel protein on sale at Costco
•the teamwork with which my husband & I handled a section of our fence falling over in a storm a couple weeks ago, documenting it, getting our landlord - who lives in China when she’s not living in Florida (read: never in Texas) - all of the info she needs to have it repaired, and JB rigging it enough in the meantime to be safe for Bailey to go out back
•for 2 unspoken mercies that showered my soul with grace
•for the self-conscious check on my vanity that was NOT a pleasant lesson...but a valuable reassessment of how I judge my appearance: I had a weeklong stress stye in my eye for the first time in my life. I don’t wear much make up, but the only thing I never leave the house w/o is eyeliner on my lower lid, & for a full week, I felt like I didn’t look like myself at all. It was miserable & painful, and I’m so thankful to feel like I look normal, again, esp. with the fresh tube of my favorite that I got from JB‘s parents for Christmas! But I’m also thankful to have perhaps recalibrated my own vision of myself to not be as embarrassed to go out in public without (...if I absolutely have no choice. ;-))
•for being asked to teach 2 MORE classes each week!!!
•for the Lord literally saving my life last week when I hydroplaned across 10 FULL LANES of I-10 in the rain when a truck cut me off after I dropped my mom at the airport after her visit, the sheer angel miracle that NO ONE HIT ME & that I didn’t hit the retaining walls on either side (b/c I fully crossed both sides!), that I didn’t scream or cry in the moment, that I felt oddly focused, and that when I stopped sliding, I could continue straight ahead with no damage & no accidents behind me in my wake, either. I’m still stunned & don’t think I’ve actually processed this whole experience, yet... but PRAISING GOD!!!
•for buying 2 new tires right after I pulled off I-10 to ensure safety as I had to drive to San Antonio 2 days later

Yep. It’s been a month.

A bit more:

I keep my social media virtually free of politics, but I’m proud to share I was Voter #1 on the first day of early voting in our special Texas House District seat runoff. It’s powerful & inspiring to personally meet those who have stepped up to run for office, who walk the walk instead of just pontificating via media, & esp. those who work for others & truly engage with the community, even when it’s not their name on the ballot.

Dedicated cheer post coming, but I wanted to highlight Will first: his high school rec league basketball team is undefeated, so far, & totally dominating. Two weeks ago, they won 61-34, & I took a couple video clips:


I missed this last Saturday (the only game I have to miss this season!) for cheer in San Antonio; I requested a detailed game recap... but I got this singular texted pic. (We’re Home.) :-P

A sweet mom friend on the team who goes to our church does photography & took these pictures. I was so grateful she shared!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, my heart was racing reading about your hydroplaning incident!!! What a total blessing that you and everyone else was safe!!

    Sounds like you have a handy husband around the house - so thankful that I do, too! I have a standing weekly neighborhood walk with a good friend and it really is one of the best ways to catch up with each other. Love the video of Will playing basketball :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment