In Your Face!

Or rather, in Will's face...

We WON our [close, nail-biter] baseball game last night!!! :-D ...And Will also got SLAMMED in the FACE top of the 4th inning out in right field with a hard hit that *just missed* his glove. :-O He took it like a champ - totally brave, no hysterics. (He's so much like me - often whiny & dramatic over the little stuff; strong as a brick wall when it's a bigger deal. :-P) I shot over to the concession stand for a bag of ice; all of his buddies wanted to check out his face. :-D He was up to bat 2nd in the bottom of the same inning, and he jumped right up - NO WAY was he giving up his chance to hit that ball! And he DID!!! His hit brought in a runner and helped us win. :-)

Will's response to how he felt about his face on the drive home: "Know what the BEST part of this is? The girls are going to be ALL AROUND me for like a WEEK!!!!!" My little ladies' man...

Shiner update: 12 hours post-impact at 6:50 AM this morning! :-P I had him fall asleep last night laying on a frozen gel cool pack. I was surprised it was his eyelid this morning that was purple; I would've guessed it would have been the cut and around the outside of his eye that was puffed up last night. Oh well - he was excited to get to show it off at school & didn't seem to be in any pain. :-)

Yes, it looks like gorgeous eyeshadow. :-P No, I'm never telling HIM that! :-D

Comments