Yoga & Empanada Bliss

I went to my first yoga class Tuesday morning: outside, mid 70's, in a gazebo over a lake beside a fountain...
Perfect breeze... Tranquility beyond words... I didn't expect to feel so relaxed afterwards...

Even though I'm a licensed Zumba instructor (more on that slow road here in another post soon) and dance teacher, I'd never actually taken a real yoga class before! It's exactly what I want - more flexibility ending in relaxation with greater focus.

After yoga, I got a fab surprise: an impromptu lunch date with a new BFF. (They moved here from Birmingham, AL the same time we did; kindred monogramming & Lilly spirit; her girls = Annelise's friends; new 10-week-old twin baby boys, courtesy of whom I get a lot of new mom attention for the first time in 6.5 years when we go out. :-P) We are all about finding the local gems around here, and today, we hit a true treasure: The Original Marini's Empanada House! AMAZING *not greasy* empanadas: I had a barbeque chicken & a tomato basil for lunch and a pumpkin with Ghiradelli chocolate & marshmallows and an apple pie for dessert!
Holy heaven...

PS - Last week while the girls were in gymnastics, we found Araya Artisan Chocolate. I don't have enough accurate words to describe the way that place smells: not sickly sweet at all, but fresh, clean, floral CHOCOLATE!

Comments