Kid-isms

All kids have their own special -isms that only their parents really observe; these are some that I adore:

Will always called bathing suits "babe-ing soups" - I think that is the cutest (and actually hysterically accurate! :-P) thing ever, and now I refuse to call them anything else.

The kids have gotten into knock-knock jokes lately, but they're still really obnoxious, b/c they don't quite get the point, yet. They usually go:
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Diaper.
Diaper who?
Diaper banana head!
[Followed by shrieking hysterics]

Today was the first time I've *ever* heard anyone say this next part, and I think it is utterly brilliant. After Sis offered a knock-knock dud, Will made a whooshing noise & said: "Shut the door on you." As in, "Your joke tanked. You can knock, but I will shut the door on you." I sat in wonder at him for a minute, just smiling. He cracks me out! ;-)

Every night as I try to leave his room for him to go to sleep, he grabs my neck in a huge embrace and says, "You're just the BEST ever! I just don't want you to leave!" Often I'm in a rush to get out of there, b/c - to be honest - I've put up with them all day & I'm ready for my time; but I don't ever want to *not* treasure how precious he is and how awesome it is that he says that to me and REALLY MEANS IT every.single.night.

Comments

  1. love will's response to a dud: shut the door on you! i'll have to remember that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...the last part before bed really hit me this morning. Abby does this in various ways and I've thought it sweet, but also (ashamedly) thought it a procrastination tactic. No more of that. Thanks for the eye-opener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there's no doubt he uses it to procrastinate, too! But I just want to try to make myself enjoy the love instead of be irritated by the tactic (like I *so easily* can become!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment