Mother's Day

Mother's Day has been quiet: no [Daddy-prompted] kid-made cards or gifts (although they color pics & cards for me regularly all the time!) and no special also-Daddy-initiated pampering, (but that's only b/c Daddy isn't here with us. He said I should keep an eye out for the mail tomorrow, though! :-D) But even without the tremendous fanfare, this Mother's Day has been such a blessing! This is the first Mother's Day that I've gotten to spend with my mom in *YEARS*!!! (Like 10, not just 2 or 3!) We relaxed this morning on the couch together, her with the paper, me digiscrapping on my laptop. This afternoon, we took the kids to Concord to pick up my Grandmommy & her sister to go for ice cream - one of their favorite things. Four generations together - again, such a blessing. :-) Getting to be here and see Grandmommy (she's 98!) so much is just priceless.

Thank you to my awesome husband for giving me my dream job of being a stay-at-home mom!
(And to my mother-in-law & friend Karen for sending me sweet cards!)

And here's the present I gave myself, in a morning of catching up on digiscrapping:

Comments

  1. happy mother's day to a SWEET-SWEET mom, who is standing tall in the midst of a whirlwind :-) you are a GREAT mom! your kids will rise and call you blessed (proverbs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all bless me so much! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment