Godiva & ChocoVine

My BFF Wendy & I have always had a thing for Godiva chocolate. (We blame my mom & Southpark.) I don't buy it often for myself, so when I do, it feels like a big deal! :-) It also takes something spectacularly special to bring my reformed mall rat-self to the mall. :-P (When the kids were little, it was my default refuge; now that they're older, our time - & money - go to things like more groceries, sports & dance. I even seem to buy clothes at Costco!)

Every once in a while, though, my interest gets piqued. I'm super big on the seasonal & limited editions - not just your average truffles or candy bars. I want the special stuff! I'm also a food-related-reality TV junkie, so when last week's challenge on Top Chef: Just Desserts was to create a special box of chocolates that Godiva would do a limited release of nationwide? I knew I'd be heading over. I could also finally pull the trigger on the limited edition bakery truffles I've been eyeing for over a month. ("How do you find out about these things, if you rarely go in?" you ask. Yeah, Godiva is my Facebook friend. ;-)) To top it off, I found the Godiva gift card JB got for me last year, so I knew I could get them for "free"!!!

Let me be cruel & share in detail... ;-)

The Top Chef: Just Desserts box:

Açaí Berry - Dark chocolate ganache layered with açaí, rose, and berry ganache in a dark chocolate shell decorated with a red heart
Passion Fruit - White chocolate and passion fruit ganache in a white chocolate shell
Green Tea - Matcha tea mousse center in a white chocolate shell decorated with green stringing
Chocolate Mendiant - Dark chocolate ganache between two dark chocolate disks, topped with bits of organic dried apricot, tart cherry, and sea salt.


The Bakery Dessert Truffles:

Chocolate lovers will swoon at our newest creations, inspired by favorite bakery treats. The Limited Edition collection includes rich, dark, Chocolate Lava Cake with a spectacular molten fondant center; spicy Carrot Cake "frosted" in milk chocolate and rolled in chopped pecans; Southern-style Red Velvet Cake in white chocolate with a heart of sweet chocolate ganache; all American Cheesecake ganache in milk chocolate, topped with crust-like crumbs; white chocolate Tiramisu, an ethereal blend of mascarpone and espresso ganache; and Strawberry Tarte swirling sweet berries and tart rhubarb through vanilla mousse, enrobed in milk chocolate.

As I checked out, the lady asked if I was in the Chocolate Rewards Club. The what??? Rewards Club Members enjoy:
•Free piece of Chocolate every month
•Free gift each month you spend $10 or more
•Free standard shipping for 1 online order
•Exclusive online special offer every month


It's free to join, so I did, (you can here! no affiliation or tell-a-friend bonuses; just sharing the love!) and b/c I "spent" more than $10, I get a free BOX of chocolate next month! I also got a free piece today, so I was able to finally have the one individual piece that was calling to me - the fall seasonal Cinnamon Pear truffle: pure heaven! They also gave me a Maple Walnut truffle as a sample. (I'm not big on maple, & I hate walnuts, but Annelise said she liked it OK. ;-))

So super score! I'm thankful that I got to get all of the special edition Godiva that I've wanted to try, and it was all for "free"! :-) I officially don't need any more chocolate any time soon.

Ohhhhhhhhh! And speaking of special chocolate, I almost forgot...

Backstory: I'm just not a big drinker, anymore. I was pretty famous in college for my ability to keep up with all of JB's fraternity brothers :-P and I thought after being pregnant, I would be so excited for a beer (yes, I like the taste)...but honestly, my desire almost completely evaporated. I still enjoy sharing a glass or two with special friends, but those opportunities feel few & far between. I rarely think about an occasional evening glass of wine on my own; I would always rather have [more] dessert instead.

Enter ChocoVine. I saw this at Trader Joe's before our MOPS retreat and thought, "That is either amazing or disgusting!" Turns out, our MOPS Mentor (she's a wine connoisseur!) had an open bottle to share that night! It. Was. AMAZING!!! I'm excited to have something new that's delicious enough to be calorie-worthy for me to sip now occasionally with JB or BFFs. :-)

Comments

  1. Ohh yeah, I totally agree, chocovine chocolate wine is just amazing. I drink it whenever I want something a little different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment