Prince William's Glory, Fall, Redemption...& Some Wedding Notes

I am bursting with pride over Prince William!!!!! ♥ And by that, I mean over *MY* Prince Will's honor at his school's Good Citizen Breakfast this morning!!! :-P It was a really nice ceremony, and I just don't have enough words for how it makes me feel to have random teachers - not even *his* - say how much they love him, how polite & sweet he is in the hallways, and what a great kid he is. *happy tears*

I feel only the slightest bit bad about skipping Zumba this morning, with the excuse that I was already dressed nicely after the breakfast...to watch the DVRed royal wedding. ;-)

My Royal Wedding Thoughts:
*Stellar opening line - "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
*LOVED singing my alto part of "I was Glad" along with the processional & so thankful for my years in classical concert choirs! (And was the John Rutter *really* new? I swear I've sung it before. I LOVE Rutter, but it does all sound...Rutter. :-P)
*ADORED the trees inside the Abby!
*My Grandmommy & Queen Elizabeth could be twin sisters. Seriously. It's freaky.
*My friend Tamra said it best: "Princess Beatrice's ham-colored fascinator gave Lady Gaga a run for her money." Bea & Eugenie absolutely invoked Cinderella's stepsisters...

I need a *good* fascinator, (or several...)

This was my fave part of the sermon:
"As the reality of God has faded from so many lives in the West, there has been a corresponding inflation of expectations that personal relations alone will supply meaning and happiness in life. This is to load our partner with too great a burden. We are all incomplete: we all need the love which is secure, rather than oppressive, we need mutual forgiveness, to thrive.

As we move towards our partner in love, following the example of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is quickened within us and can increasingly fill our lives with light. This leads to a family life which offers the best conditions in which the next generation can practise and exchange those gifts which can overcome fear and division and incubate the coming world of the Spirit, whose fruits are love and joy and peace."


Finally, a la FB, in honor of the big wedding, use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on.
Cordially,
Lady Louise Elizabeth-Chedworth

From the throngs of joy to the pit of despair - a.k.a. Field Day. Let it be reaffirmed that elementary school Field Day is nothing more than a miserable hot mess. It was just as hot & boring as mine was growing up. :-P (Field Day was always my LEAST fave day of the year! I'd rather take a test. ;-) I was way better at those. :-D) Will did not do his best...and he was super pouty about it, which took the wind out of my usually-über-cheerleader sails. It just sucked...

...But I got a major teachable moment out of it later...

Fast forward to back the heights of glory: Will's Dixie League Yankees were down against the super tough Braves. After some really bad calls, a win seemed like it would mean even more than usual... and not only did they battle back to lead 23-21, but Will played 3rd base and got the 3rd out to win the game! He earned his 2ND GAME BALL and is over the moon!!!

At bedtime, Will asked me to pray. I thanked God for Will's good behavior & honor at the Good Citizen breakfast and for him winning the game ball. Then I prayed that God would help him make better choices for his attitude when things don't go his way, like at Field Day. Will's eyes got big. I said, "Buddy, this is one of the biggest things you can learn in your whole life. Always remember, when things don't go the way you want, and you get sad & disappointed, just let it go and trust that God has something better coming for you!" He said his game ball is worth 160 Field Day ribbons. :-P I told him to think about that the next time he gets upset b/c he doesn't get his way. Ask God to help you not be sad/mad, trust that He has something better coming up, and thank Him for taking care of you.

Oh, praying so hard this sticks with him...

Comments

  1. what a HUGE life lesson to learn! oh, if only i could have mastered it at an early age, instead, i continue to struggle with it. God does have something better out there when things do not go our way because we are promised that all things work together for our GOOD! praise the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your Price William! LOL I think hearing that your child is kind and considerate of others far out weighs other praise.

    BTW, "fasinator"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, I struggle with it, too! (You've known me the last 5 years...) ♥♥♥

    Michelle - you are right! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment