Peachy Quinoa Salad (& CFA)

My college friend, Liz, is writing a food column for our old college town newspaper these days, and her recipe offering today is sending me straight to the produce market!!! (I'm one peach & the cherry tomatoes short; our tomato garden has bitten the dust, thanks to TWO rounds of tomato hornworms!)

This salad sounds heavenly...

Peachy Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
1 3/4 cups water or broth
2 peaches, chopped
1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup packed basil, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

* In a small saucepan, bring the quinoa and water or broth to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
* Whisk vinegar, olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss with the cooled quinoa.
* Fold in the remaining ingredients.


One last food deal - a free breakfast entrée from Chick-fil-A the beginning of Sept.! Apparently you're *supposed* to have to wait until Aug. 29th to reserve this, but the link just let me go ahead & do it! I'm getting my free chicken, egg, & cheese bagel! (I figure if I eat it before Zumba that Friday morning, I'll just burn it all off, right? RIGHT?!?!? :-D)

Comments

  1. We'll need to try this...I love every ingredient in this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It. Was. AMAZING!!! (Although I *did* take some shortcuts - I just used a little Trader Joe's balsamic instead of the vinegar/oil/shallot. :-P)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment