National Wear Red Day: Go Red for Women

Today is the 10th Annual National Wear Red Day®. It's part of the GO RED FOR WOMEN campaign by the American Heart Association to bring awareness to heart disease in women, so I am going red! (Yes, even at bubble tea. ;-))

Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in America. It's given the women in my family some serious scares, (and has taken the lives of the men genetically closest to me.) It's scary business, but we can reduce the risk with exercise and a healthy diet. (Did y'all hear that exercise part??? Come Zumba with me!!! :-))

Share this event and help spread awareness - even beyond today! Get this shocker: "An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease, yet only one in five women believe heart disease is her greatest health threat." :-O

Feel free to link up with my friend Andie to share this event, as well:

Comments