Heiße Milch mit Honig

Last night I introduced the kids to heiße Milch mit Honig (hot milk with honey in it) - a delicacy I discovered at cafés when I lived in Germany. I don't like coffee, and this is the ultimate in sweet, creamy, soothing comfort, (that won't keep you awake, unlike chai.) Most Americans seem to be completely grossed out by the thought, but it is divine.

The kids had "helped" JB shovel & plow last night (around 8" of snow, I think) and they wanted hot chocolate so badly when they came in. I had no more instant, and it was almost bedtime, so I didn't want to make it from scratch. Heiße Milch mit Honig was the perfect alternative, and they LOVED it! Made me happy. :-)

Comments

  1. sounds like a nice treat to have right before bed! i don't know how i feel about warmed milk but then again, i love lattes and such.. maybe i should investigate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that means they went to bed with puppy breath, huh? I have to admit, I've never tried this, but now I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like lattes, you should like it!

    And you know - this was the ONE TIME they didn't say puppy breath! :-P Must've been the honey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment