Song Spree

Every once in a while, I go on a little amazon.com mp3 spree. I buy all my music downloads on Amazon instead of iTunes, b/c Amazon gives you the mp3 & then instantly uploads your music to iTunes for you. (If you buy on iTunes, you have to burn your song to a CD & then rip it to get the straight mp3 = maddening when I make so many mix CDs & share music for dance.) I also put all of our spare change from our crystal change vase (most people have a change cup, but we got over 30 crystal bowls & vases for our wedding, so we have a change "vahz" :-P) into the Coinstar machines at the grocery store that give you Amazon gift credit. (If you get cash for your change, they take 9%! If you get a gift credit, you get your full money value. I always get an Amazon one, so I always have money on hand for mp3s, cheap used books & movies, and presents for people whom I'd have to ship them to, anyway.)

So yeah, I bought some songs. Nothing gets me through hard times or helps me rejoice like music!

"Something Beautiful" by Needtobreathe is my current favorite song.

It says everything I'm feeling:

In your ocean I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashing on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be
I can't figure out
No, I can't figure out
Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your wave crashes over me
There's only one way to figure out
Will you let me drown
Will you let me drown

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire
Cause I just want
Something beautiful to touch me
I know that I'm in reach
I am down on my knees
And waiting for
Something beautiful

And the water is rising quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side

No I can't leave your side

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire
Cause I just want
Something beautiful to touch me
I know that I'm in reach
I am down on my knees
And waiting for
Something beautiful


I got "Beautiful, Beautiful" by Francesca Battistelli, b/c I love the chorus:


I was so surprised how Hillsong United's "Hosanna" moved me, I had to get it, too. It's not my normal type of song, but it stuck with me; I just couldn't let it go.


Finally, "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless is the best reminder that God can come through out of the blue. The chorus is perfect:
"I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do"


I almost bought 3 more (I don't know why I didn't - it's not like buying a whole CD; they're $0.99) but next, I'll probably get "Beautiful History" by Plumb:

Her last album, "Blink", feels like an entire CD of contemporary lullabies! It is GORGEOUS - definitely the perfect CD for any parent of young children.

I'm really focusing on faith & God working things out for the best - not only in my life, but in the lives of several close friends this week, too. I want to proclaim victory for our families! :-)

Psalm 119:74-76 "Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. I know, O Lord, that your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness you have humbled me. Let your steadfast love become my comfort according to your promise to your servant."

Psalm 34:4-7 "I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him."

Comments

  1. I have just an MP3 player. It's not an IPOD, but for selling 500 boxes of Girl Scout cookies last year, my daughter got $75 in ITUNES. I have bought $25 or so of the songs on iTunes, but I can not get it to burn them to a CD. Is there a secret?

    Also....if I use Amazon, can I just automatically put them on my MP3 player even if it's not an iPod?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had any kind of iPod or mp3 player before I got my iPhone last year, and I just put songs on it for the very first time a couple months ago! I just don't ever listen to music on it; the only times I listen to music are in the car or in the dance studio, so CDs are much more convenient for me, which is why I like having free access to do whatever with my mp3 files, instead of being constrained by iTunes.

    With Amazon, it puts the mp3 file in whatever folder you tell it on your computer (default is "My Music") and it also puts it on your iTunes account, so it's in both places. I'm sure you can just drag or copy & paste the mp3s from "My Music" into your mp3 player when it's connected to your computer.

    To burn a CD from iTunes, you make a playlist with the songs you want on there, and then on the very bottom right, there should be a "Burn Disc" button to create a CD of the playlist.

    Hope this helps!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the two scriptures - thank you for sharing them. i am holding tight to these scriptures this week for you and for us! love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving Need to Breathe right now! And Kutless is great, too! Good choices! Oh how I miss my iPod. It blew up in an electric storm we had about six months ago. Bummer. I haven't gotten around to a new one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment