Seven YEARS Late

I got a huge shock on FB yesterday: my sweet friend, Anna, posted:

"IS THIS REAL LIFE???? Did I seriously get a card in the mail from you SEVEN YEARS LATE??!?!?! I just opened this!!!!"

THIS IS OUT-OF-CONTROL BLOWING MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!! It's from when we lived in Atlanta and were pg with Annelise! I am still freaking out. WHERE was it for Annelise's ENTIRE LIFE??? And for *exactly* 7 years? (It wasn't delivered on some random summer day, but the exact December week I mailed out this year's current card.) And when whomever found it, they just put it back in the flow this week instead of in the trash? Even though it wasn't enough current postage & there's a good chance the addressee could have moved years ago? I have too many questions I want answered!!!

So odd: I totally remember cutting the scalloped edge on that letter, and I remember the day I put them in the mail...SEVEN YEARS AGO. We even moved and lived right close to them in Chicago for a year & a half, 2009-2010! (And look at how short my hair was! I had just done Locks of Love :-D) Seriously, this is the weirdest "surprise" EVER!!!!

Comments

  1. What a surprising story!! Don't we wish that card could talk and tell us where it's been?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your friend got that card seven years late, either! What a strange thing!

    You won my giveaway! Congratulations! Email me with your address, and I will get it in the mail to you. jds_nps (at) hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't get over it!

    And I also *really* can't believe I won, Nikki!!! So exciting!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment