2012 in Review

2012 was a wonderful year for me and my family! In fact, it was one of the best EVER!!!

Top Three Highlights:

I started teaching Zumba regularly in January 2012 and began with a free Zumba ministry at our old church in Albany, Georgia. By March, I was teaching five classes a week, and not only did it fulfill my dance passion, but it jump-started a new level of fitness for me. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to find anything when we moved to the hypersaturated-with-instructors Houston market, but now I'm teaching at one of the most prestigious gyms in the country! God has blessed me through Zumba - making my body healthier, boosting my confidence by pushing me to audition for a reach position, and allowing me to serve people & make precious connections.

We moved to Houston in June 2012. While we knew it would be coming, this was the very first time I was ever both sad to leave where we were and excited for the new location. We have absolutely fallen love with Texas!!! We are finally in a place where we both agree we could be happy planting some deep roots. :-) (Oh, roots! Do you know how magically comforting that is to someone who has moved 8 times in the last 12 years?!?!) I made more friends in the first month & a half in TX than I had anywhere else we have ever lived. The warm climate is perfection!!! There's a perfect mix of suburban family-focused life with all the ammenities of the big city just twenty minutes away, whenever we want them. There's so much growth and opportunity, it's the least scary place for us to consider finally buying another house, again, (we stopped buying 4 years ago, so we wouldn't get stuck) b/c even if JB goes as far as he wants to with his current company (which he is totally enjoying, BTW) unlike beloved south Georgia, there are actually tons of other opportunities in the Houston area; so he could make a change, if he ever wanted, w/o us having to uproot, again. It's a warm, fun, exciting place to be; we're ready to be Texans forever!

Football ruled our fall in 2012. JB assistant football coached, I assistant cheer coached. There were many aspects of this season that were unpleasant; but overall, the passion it instilled in Will, the family time it happily "forced" us to carve out, and the fulfillment & motivation it gave all of us (esp. to make next season so much better) were priceless! We are SO EXCITED for our next family football opportunities!!!


2013?

I'm not sure what I want to look forward to in 2013. Truly, it's the first year that I can honestly remember in life where I don't have some big unfulfilled longing in my heart - last year, I wanted stability, b/c I knew we weren't going to be able to stay in south GA; for ages, it was purely to be South; before that, it was for kids; before that, to get married; etc. I'm in a happy place now with the family of my dreams doing exactly what I dreamed. I'm good relaxing & reveling in that and waiting to see what God has in store. :-D

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!!! I am so happy that 2012 was such a wonderful year for you and your family! May 2013 only bring more blessings and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like all is right in the world with you, and that's a great feeling, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat look back at 2012 and all of God's blessings during the year! Wishing you a great 2013 as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ALL! Same to you: blessings in 2013!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment