Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)

I have been utterly infatuated with these delectable, delicate little steamed buns filled with a sweet barbeque chicken mixture at Ginger, our fave local Asian restaurant. Everyone in our house laughs over Mommy's obsession with the "chicken buns". Well, imagine my shock when - as I approached the sample table today at Trader Joe's - I saw their sample was MY BUNS!!! :-D These are pork (even better!) and bigger than the bite-sized ones at Ginger - sooooo excited! I actually called JB at work right from the frozen aisle, so he could chuckle at my frenzy. :-P They're brand new, and they BETTER not get discontinued anytime soon!
I found a recipe for them online, (they're so good, they'd certainly be worth the work!) but as long as I'm within a day's drive of a Trader Joe's, I'll buy them. ;-)

Comments